New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Cranberry lake  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Nnyiceman26

• IceShanty Rookie
Cranberry lake
« on: Jan 17, 2018, 04:08 PM »
Anyone know how the ice is on cranberry coming up the river from wanakena

Offline HardwaterPiker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Cranberry lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2018, 07:26 PM »
Cranberry Lake Fire and Rescue posted on their FB page that there is 13" of ice, 2" of slush, and 8-12" of snow on the main part of the lake. They haven't checked the river out of Wanakena yet but I'm sure they will give an update as soon as they do.
ICE FISHING - We're all here because we ain't all there!

Offline pierce1308

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2018, 09:09 PM »
Going up the river last 2 days hasn't been the best , foot of snow and round 4-8" slush depending on if it's froze or not , mornings not bad , coming in real pain in the a.. , sleds would be recommended wheelers having quite a bit of trouble and rutting up the good packed sled path we had going ....

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:33 PM »
I heard someone caught a 52 inch pike out of there this year.  Anyone else hear that rumor?  I'd like to see a picture of that bigun.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:35 PM »
I heard someone caught a 52 inch pike out of there this year.  Anyone else hear that rumor?  I'd like to see a picture of that bigun.

Im just gonna call bull right off the bat lol.

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2018, 04:58 PM »
It was 45" 25.1 lbs with 20" girth. If you google image search big cranberry lake pike 2018 the guy has red and black jacket with a rimmed winter hat on. Shows as first image for me anyway.

Offline St. Lawrence River Guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2018, 09:17 PM »
Thanks for the updates on conditions.  Thinking of heading that way but with only access to a wheeler it looks less appealing given slush and warmish temps this week.  Any further updates over the weekend/week would be appreciated.

These stats seem to match that pike.  No details given on the lake but there aren't many lakes yield fish like that.

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/outdoors/2018/01/upstate_ny_ice_fisherman_lands_monster_45-inch_northern_pike_on_adirondack_lake.html

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 20, 2018, 09:17 AM »
That's the fish -- I had heard it came out of Long Lake, but that is 3rd hand information, so who knows -- bottom line, it is an awesome fish -- real trophy...!!

Offline Eaglecrg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2018, 01:01 PM »
I also heard there was a monster caught out of Tupper, but after reading this story I wonder if it wasn't the same fish folks were talking about.  Doesn't take much to get a rumor started. 

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2018, 03:38 PM »
Yeah i think its the same fish the guy is from tupper. This has been the only one locally i have seen.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2018, 04:27 PM »
yes lou it was the same pike he was from tupper lake

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.