Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1612153 times)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11970 on: Mar 16, 2018, 05:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

I hope the Gremlins aren't on a feeding frenzy this morning :woot:

Not much to report on this part of the map. Last night my wife and I made the trip to see my Sister in the hospital. I guess she is doing good but it sure was hard to see her in pain. Evidently they fell behind on her pain medication and when they wear off it takes awhile for the new dose to kick in. The first hour wasn't very pleasant, but eventually things settled down and in the end she was her old self. Today she will start walking the halls and Saturday she will go so a care center that will allow therapy for 3 times a day. She is actually excited because she will get to stay there for 20 days.

Hope everyone has an excellent Friday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11971 on: Mar 16, 2018, 05:44 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....sorry to hear your sister had to go thru that pain  :'(  seems the nursing staff should be a little more aware of the timing of their med runs so that doesn't happen  :blink:  hope her rehab goes well  :)  how is your F-I-L coming along  ???

It was so nice to get up this morning and not see 5 or 6" of fresh snow on the deck  :clap: :thumbsup:  Think both my shovel and my back have had just about enough for a few days.

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11972 on: Mar 16, 2018, 05:56 AM »

Good morning WS, ER's,
                       It's 25* here on my hill and the weather cat didn't want to go out this morning, the wind is blowing a little.
                       Marv.......I'm glad your sister is on the mend after her surgery, I'm surprised they didn't have her on the Morphine
               drip. I hope they keep her up on the pain killers on time! ::) No Gremlins here I just slept in this morning, but today I pick
               up a new Laptop. :clap: My current on has 2 broken hinges and it is 5 or 6 years old. :whistle:
                       Temperatures are suppose to drop in the single digits tomorrow and Sunday, we're hoping the ice that is left will tighten
               up for a couple more outings! :flex:
                       I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or at play.
                       I see Wally posted while I was typing, Good morning Wally.
               IW

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11973 on: Mar 16, 2018, 06:24 AM »
WS I see that Eddie did not post this morning. Hopefully it is because he got up late and not the gremlins again. The wife is facing a n knee replacement that h she has put off for to long. I have the parts all cut for a ramp to get her in and out of the house. All I need to do is put it together and figure out  hand rails.

The trip went well yesterday. I did get to drive on the property and mark a few trees that my son can cut down safely alone on the power line. There are till a few that I want to take down that will need both of us working together to drop so they do not hit the lines. Neither of us are professionals with a chain saw like WS so we need help when we are cutting in a lot of situations.

The best part of the whole trip was noticing my late ex-wifes cousins wife at the check out counter after I picked up my meds. Her husband was diagnosed with leukemia quite a while back. When I asked her about him she broke out with a smile. She said "He said he is out in the truck." He is in total remission and has gained his weight back. It was good to see him back to his own self even though he still is on kemo.

You can keep that bent handled shovel. I actually pick up little snow any more. My son had one but it only lasted a little while before he broke the handle. Maybe if it had the right angle on the blade and a long wooden handle I might use it. I push all the snow I can not get my blower to. When I used to shovel aka push all of the snow on my drive I would start a ramp on the snow banks so I could push the snow up and over the top with out lifting any of it.

Off to an appointment with my primary care doctor this morning. It is scheduled so I do not have to deal with the rush hour traffic only lunch hour traffic on the way home.

EDIT
I noticed after I posted that we are on page 400 of the best thread on the internet.

RAQ  Thanks again for starting this thread!!!!!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11974 on: Mar 16, 2018, 06:47 AM »
Good morning everyone, Whopper stopper I'm glad they were able to get your sisters pain back under control. Shame on them for not keeping up with the pain management. Get to see the surgeon today and see what's going on there. Hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water and ice.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11975 on: Mar 16, 2018, 07:11 AM »
Morning all,sorry not to keep up with everyone's events. I been the pits,call it what you want limbo, bad luck or just a crappie end of winter/ spring that hasn't sprung. We lost our ice,had 70 degree weather and a ton of rain. Then winter/ high winds came back . It's depressing only fish soft water 3 times in over a month. Without that unfortunate warm up and rain,I'd still be on the ice. Ba ba ba. Sorry to vent. Have a good day friends.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11976 on: Mar 16, 2018, 09:04 PM »
Good Evening All, see Marv pushed us on over the 400 page mark too.  Not much happening at my digs, had a bit of wind today.  only went out to retrieve the trash cans from blowing out of the yard.  Good you sis is on the mend Marv.

A friends x passed,  guess that flu bug did him in.  And her son is fronting gas money so she can attend the Memorial next week in Youngstown. 

Would think we have about seen the last of the snow season, but still having January temps at night.  Oh well next season maybe will be better.

Tom hope the appointment went well and your ramp build goes well also. and had safe travels both ways.  and the saw work goes easy when the time comes.

Capt54, don't think you have missed much, cept for the early morning coffee. Might as well toast to some 70* weather now

Stay safe all.

Late edit:  NCAA history made tonight, first time a #1 seeded team has ever lost to the #16th seed.  The number 1 over all team in the tournament Virginia, lost by 20.  Talk about March Madness.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11977 on: Mar 17, 2018, 04:39 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy St.Patricks Day!!
  Windy and 22* on the Hill this am, high of 32 here today.
  Thoughts and prayers sent to all those involved in that tragic bridge collapse in Florida.
  Internet problems the last few days, computer freezing up....yes, March Madness has sure settled in here in Upstate NY over the last few days!  ;D

Bud..I missed that game last evening, amazing, wasn't even sure who UMBC was, lol. Had Virginia matched up with Purdue in the Championship Game, so much for my bracket sheet!
  Capt..quite a few of us in the same boat I think. Winter returned in a furry here, crazy amounts of snow covered sketchy ice from that warm up we had. With a little "luck of the Irish", we'll have better conditions soon!   ;D
  I-45...hope your appt. went well with the surgeon yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Tom..hope things went well with your Dr. yesterday and safe travels to and from. 400 pages...damn, we've had a lot of cawfee on here!!  :roflmao:  Couldn't agree more with your reply Tom,  great people and a great place to be...Thank You Dom!   :thumbsup:  :bow: :clap:
  Jeff..best of luck with the new computer, I'm overdo for one! This weather sure has been crazy for the last few weeks..know I dont have to say it, but be careful out there Sir!   :thumbsup:  :icefish:
  Wally...know what you mean about not waking up to that snow in the am...had to snowblow the driveway twice around 2 in the morning just to get out, had enough as well. Hope your son and family regained their power quickly from the last storm.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...best wishes sent to your sister on her recovery, sorry to read that about the pain meds not being administered to her on time, cripes!! Glad you got the saw up and running again for a good price, sweet!!   :thumbsup:
  H2...dealt with those same issues with the snowblower packing up, frustrating!! Best of luck with the bowling tomorrow night and taking home the trophy again!!   :thumbsup:

Well, my truck finally made it in to the inside of the shop Thursday afternoon...it will be the last time it sees this mechanic. Got a call yesterday that it was the fuel pump and it might be ready today...the fuel pump was just replaced this past Thanksgiving...go figure. I'll eat the labor cost again for the fix, but not a defective fuel pump which should/better have a warranty.
  Cawfee's on gang...Enjoy the corned beef and cabbages today!!   :thumbsup:
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11978 on: Mar 17, 2018, 05:56 AM »
Morning all,

Happy St Patrick's Day !!!!

Capt54........we're all pretty much in the same "boat"   :woot:  not winter but not spring either, got to end soon I hope  :blink:

Eddie.....hope your truck repair is done today & the part is warrantied  ;)  fingers crossed your internet problems are solved too  ;D

IFF....think your wind blew all the way east  :o  had sideways snow here yesterday  :-\

IF45.....how did your appt go with the surgeon  ???  hope you heard what you wanted to hear  ;)

Another cold windy day on tap here  :(  not helping get rid of the snow pack  :nono:  looks like the storm predicted for next week might pass us by  :clap:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Go easy on the green beer  :roflmao:  Stay safe.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11979 on: Mar 17, 2018, 06:22 AM »
Good morning everyone, Happy St Patrick's day. Mason Eddie hope you get your truck back soon. They don't make things to last these days. Per the Surgeon they need to do 2 surgeries. 1 they can do at one part of the spine with removal of the disc with no fusion. The second surgery involves 4 discs which will require fusion of the spine and a 6 to 8 month recovery. He recomended trying injections first. Hope everyone has a great day and don't eat to much corn beef and cabbage and drink to much green beer.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11980 on: Mar 17, 2018, 08:05 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone. Corned Beef and cabbage for me tonight! Mmmmmmm :clap:
                                Eddie......One year on our way to hunting camp in Maine, we broke down and it turned out to be the fuel pump.
                        The garage we took the truck to put a inline fuel pump out side the gas tank instead of removing the tank. it was a lot
                        faster fix. Of course it doesn't always work, some the inline fuel pumps can't build enough pressure that the internal
                        pump can. For us it worked. The truck in question never had any more fuel pump issues as long as my friend owned
                        it. :flex:
                                Bud.......Did you send us your wind, it blew 27 mph here on my hill!
                                IF45.......hope your appointment went well! ???
                                Marv.....I'm glad to hear you got your chain saw fixed. :clap:
                                Yesterday I went and checked the ice where Jon and I fished earlier in the week and I got out 50' from shore
                       my spud went through with 2nd whack. Not good! :(
                                 I hope everyone has a good Saturday no matter what you're doing!

IW

Offline Yoopergirl

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice chicks DO exist!!
« Reply #11981 on: Mar 17, 2018, 09:10 AM »
Hello all!  Still a lot of ice here and I have been minus my Marcum for a week and a half.  Sent it in when my transducer quit (had a lake trout cut the outer sheath when the ducer fell down the hole last year.  My braid wrapped around it. They think water finally shorted it out.) Got it back and the power port was broken off.  The ducer was bouncing around in the box.  Held the power cord on and turned it on it read 20 ft out of water, 1.3 ft in water.  Sent it back again with a prepaid label.  Better come back fixed this time.  And packed better!!!  Here are some pics from this season.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11982 on: Mar 17, 2018, 10:16 AM »
Good Morning Everyone!  :bow:

Excellent pictures Yooper :clap: Hope you get the Marcum back soon if you still have good ice :thumbsup:

Eddie good luck with the warranty! 8 years ago we had one go out on our Blazer and it was a $500 fix :woot:.

45 Sorry to hear about the surgeon report. Sure hope they can bring some relief!

IW it sure sounds like the ice is taking a beating. Careful as you punch Sir!

I have been busy since first light getting things hooked up for tomorrow. I plan on starting the big job finally and wanted to get my driving on the yard done before the temps get everything soft and muddy.

I still have a couple of things to line up, hope you all have an excellent Saturday! Stay safe!

Marv

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11983 on: Mar 18, 2018, 04:36 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                          It's 7* and clear here on my hill and the cat is in! ???
                          Marv........I hope you job goes without a hitch and the ground stays  for you. :flex:
                          Mindy.......Welcome back, nice pictures. :clap: I hope you get your Marcum back soon! ::)
                          I45..........I hope your surgeon can give you some relief of your pain.
                          Well I got my new laptop up and running, I hope I'm Gremlin free for a while. It was suggested to me by my #2 sons father in law to look in to a
                 refurbished computer and also sent me a link to Best Buy for good deals, I got a new one from Best Buy for about $75 more than a refurbished one. My
                 DIL helped me set it up and install my stuff. If I had gone to Staples like I did on the last computer it would have been another $300 or $400. :cookoo:
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11984 on: Mar 18, 2018, 06:25 AM »
8* this morning. Hope everyone had a nice St. Pats day. Daughter and BF came for dinner. Wife made an Irish Car Bomb Cake. It looked nice, but it was still a cake...lol. She is a cook so likes to try new things.

Yooper, looks like you had a good season. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Eddie, good luck with the truck. I use a small service station in town for the small stuff on my truck but it is 13 years old.

I have been watching a lot of the NCAA. Some good games. Would like to see the Orange win today. You have to like UMBC and Sister Jean. Hope I can still watch some games at 98. Wish she would say a prayer for the bowling team tonight. Whatever she is doing is working.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11985 on: Mar 18, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, H2, Morning Everyone,
  Looks like single digits are common this am! Sitting at 9* on the Hill with a high of 30 today..amazing, the first day of Spring is only two days away!  :cookoo:

Jeff..best of luck with new computer, for the extra $ that was a good choice going new, nice!  :thumbsup:   Might have do a little a little investigating with Best Buy to see about a new laptop, thanks for the heads up!
  H2...best of luck to you and the team tonight!  :thumbsup:  That Irish Car Bomb Cake sure has got my attention...would like to hear more about that one!!  ;D
 Mindy...nice to see you posting again, some really great pictures! Looks like you've been having a good season! Best of luck with your Marcum and the rest of the season!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...good luck today with the tree job Sir! X2 on Jeff's reply...be safe!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...thanks, haven't had any issues yet this morning, crossing fingers! No call on my truck yesterday, guess I'll be stopping by after work again tomorrow... :%$#!:
  I-45...best wishes with the injections, hopefully they will prevent surgery for awhile!   :thumbsup:

Hope everyone enjoyed the day yesterday, not too much green beer!! The Mrs. cooked a corned beef/cabbage in the crock pot, came out very good!  :thumbsup:
  Not much on the planner today, sure wish the ice was good here...Mother Nature sure threw us a curve ball with that warm weather in February! Might catch a few basketball games and see how the rest of my bracket plays out...some really excellent games yesterday!  Cawfee's on...

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11986 on: Mar 18, 2018, 07:16 AM »
Good morning everyone, yopper looks like you had a great season. I hope everyone has a great day.
Take a kid ice fishing

Online tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11987 on: Mar 18, 2018, 08:27 AM »
I have not posted in a few days as I have been busy. The Drs appointment went great as usual on Friday. I have the same primary care doc that the wife has been with or over 30 years. Now the bloodwork I had done in the lab downs stairs from his office is a total different story. They have always been good until Friday. The gal that was taking my blood pulled the needle b partly out and then jabbed it back in quite a few times before getting a small blood sample. She is lucky that she was doing it  my right arm as I was about ready to punch her. I am not god at left hook but a right punch could have gotten the point across. I guess I am now a suspect for being a drug addict as they are doing a check for drugs in my system because I take Norco.

Mindy It is good to see that you had a good season. Quite a mix of fish on the ice.

Eddie it is getting hard to find a decent mechanic to work on vehicles. It will only get harder with all of the crap they think we need/want on vehicles. What stupid engineer had the idea of putting fuel pumps in the gas tank. They were never a problem when the were mounted on the block and ran mechanically. I guess it is cheaper to pull the gas tank rather than having to pull the engine to change a fuel pump I managed to change a head light on my older van yesterday with out my blood pressure going off the charts.

IW A few years ago the wife and I bought matching Lenovo all in one computers from Best Buy. We pay the extra for the Geek Squad as the wife was doing a lot of work for the Lake Assn. the extra is well worth it as she had quite a few problems that they were able to fix over the phone with out having to take it in to get fixed.

IW I have a nerve stimulator along my lower spine as my bones are to soft to fuse with screws and plates. Hopefully the injections do the job. I had little luck with them so that is why I have the stimulator. It does a pretty good job on lessening the pain.

Hopefully it warms up again today as I need to repot some house plants that my mother had for years before she passed away back in 1992. I have managed to keep them alive since then when no one else in the family wants to deal with them or kills them. My oldest son and his daughter are willing to take them over so I hope they are still going to come back to life. After they are done blooming with their purple flowers you quit watering them and let them die back. Store them over the winter and bring them back out in the spring and they come back to life.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11988 on: Mar 18, 2018, 09:52 AM »
Good morning 9:45ers sunny with blue sky and light winds currently will have to check forecast later and see what is up with storm weather guessers were talking about last week coming on Monday. The house is ready for painter to start still have to clean out a couple rooms.
Yoopergirl/Mindy welcome back congratulations on a good ice fishing season from photos looks like you and Miccah caught many large white fish or ciscoes . May you receive you Marcum soon and it work properly.
Icefisher-45 I would try the injections first if they do not help your problem the go for surgery . Also if insurance will cover cost get a second opinion the name escapes me at this time but I know there is a well respected hospital/medical clinic in Boston area .(Mayo ?
IFF not a college basketball follower did your Jayhawks make the tournament?
Eddie as you now know UMBC stands for University of Maryland Baltimore Campus . The school's lacrosse program is better know the school still does not have name recognition Univ. of Maryland main campus receives on college sports scene. May you get your truck back soon and repair not be to costly if your gas tank was near full ask for reduction in repair price to cover cost of fill up unless this repair shop has a way to store gasoline and refill your truck's tank agree with Mr. turkey not the brightest idea putting fuel pump inside of gas tank or on outside of tank in area that you have to remove tank to get to the pump.
Tom Turkey I'm guessing Norco can build up in your body and cause problems so they monitor  the level of it and other medications your on by taking blood. Good work with the plants I killed off Christmas cactus that was my paternal grandmothers by not watering plant on regalur basis.
Wallyworld hope Monday's forecast storm bypasses your area and you can get the boat back in to water soon or things warm up enough to take motorcycle out for a ride. How long was last power outage at your sons?
Whopper Stopper may the ground be solid enough for you to get side job done without getting vehicle stuck in mud. May the rest of your sister's recovery be problem free. How is your brother doing with his medical issues?
Hunts2long best wishes for tonight's bowling may your team keep it's ranking and go on to take league championship.
Ice Wanderer may the new laptop serve you well nice that you have family members who could help setting up the unit.

My apologies if I missed  replying to anyone's posts . Have a safe and good Sunday.
Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11989 on: Mar 18, 2018, 11:38 AM »
Afternoon all,

Hope everyone survived St Paddy's day ok & didn't overdo the green beers or cabbage  :woot:

MrC....good to hear you're ready for the painters, sounds like quite the project getting the house ready to sell  :blink: power was restored pretty quickly after the blizzard, think it was only out 10 or 12 hours instead of 3 days  ;D

IW....congrats on the new laptop  :clap: mine also came from best buy, have had it for 8 or 9 years now with no complaints  ;)

TT.....I would guess the monitoring of someone on long term opiate use is pretty routine these days. sorry to hear the one with the needle wasn't so good at finding a vein  :(  glad to hear the appt went well otherwise

Eddie.....hope you get good news on your truck tomorrow, lucky you aren't having to rent a car while you wait  :whistle:

H2L....best wishes for a good night on the lanes tonight  :flex:  ;)

YG....thanks for sharing the pics, looks like it was a great ice season for you this year   :bow:

WS....hope your day is going well and the side job is coming along problem free  :flex: :thumbsup:

IF45......hang in there, hopfully the injections give you some relief  :)  I know it sounds like a long recovery time, but the sooner you can get the problem fixed, the sooner the clock starts ticking  ;)2 

Nice to see the sun shining today for a change altho it's cold out  :-\  got to take the bad with the good I guess  :unsure:  at least it appears that the will be no nor'easter this week  :clap:  just hoping the weatherman has it right this time  ::)

Have a good rest of your day whatever you're up to. Stay safe.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11990 on: Mar 18, 2018, 02:12 PM »
Good Sunday afternoon

Yes Steve, Kansas is the #1 seeded team in the Midwest region.  Their next game will be the winner of the #4 Auburn/#5 Clemson game.  the winner of the #11 Syracuse/#3 Michigan St. Will then play #2 Duke Which has also made it to the Sweet 16 games

Guy was telling me yesterday a relative up in Minnesota says they are still driving around on 2 feet of real clear ice.  ::)  Must be nice.

So for the rest of the day will be watching the next couple games

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11991 on: Mar 19, 2018, 03:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Calm and 22* this am, high of 32 here today.

Bud..some pretty amazing games yesterday, wow, best of luck to Kansas! Should be very interesting to see who advances the way things have been going!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...looks like we dodged the NorEaster... :bow: :clap: 
  Steve..glad to hear the house is coming along, excellent!  :thumbsup:  UMBC will always be remembered now!!  ;D
  Tom...good news on your Dr.'s appt, sorry to read about the blood work, yikes...got to work on that left hook!   ;D
  Marv...hope your day went well yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..fishing today? Best of luck if heading out, be safe!   :thumbsup:
  H2...hope your team swept the competition last evening!   :thumbsup:

Not a big college basketball fan, but I really enjoyed watching a few games yesterday. The Nevada/Cincinnati and Syracuse/Michigan games were simply superb!! I didn't have either one of the winners picked on my bracket, but found myself rooting for the underdogs...just great games!!
  Well, the cawfee's brewing and the clock says its time to go again......Congratulat ions to all the fans of Nevada and Syracuse!!   :clap: :bow:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11992 on: Mar 19, 2018, 04:41 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's.
                              It's 12* and here on my hill, tightening up some ice! :clap:
                              Eddie........I hope you get your truck back soon, I'm sure your sons truck is fine but there's nothing like your own! ::) I ordered my laptop
                  on line and picked up at the store! :thumbsup:
                              Wally........no snow coming tomorrow but there might be another one behind it! ::)
                              Marv........How did the job go yesterday? ???
                              I have a follow Dr. appointment this morning for my shoulder, so fishing today but I plan to get as many days in this week as long as this
                  cold snap stays around! :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
                               hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11993 on: Mar 19, 2018, 05:09 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Just a quick note before getting ready for another day cutting pines. Yesterday the girls helped and we hammered out about half the job before the ground got too soft. When I brought a load of chips home I got stuck in my yard and it took a good half hour to dig out :%$#!: All the warm weather has made the existing snow settle into a tough layer of crust about 14" deep.

Today I will head back over alone but with 36 degrees already I am guessing it will be a short day. I knocked down the biggest of the trees before leaving yesterday, so my goal is to get it and 2 smaller ones down and out. The guy I am working for is about as easy going as anyone I have worked for, always nice when people understand what it takes to get a job done.

Bud there were cars on all of the lakes I went by this weekend. I know north of me there is still 36-45" of ice and many are using 2 extensions on their augers.

mr.clean my brother is doing pretty well for the most part. I guess his AFib gave a few problems over the winter and he will get after it with his regular Dr. in Green Bay. He is wrapping up his Texas winter (90 degrees yesterday) and will be heading back the middle of April to WI. We are going to meet him in Iowa on his way through and visit my oldest brother and a niece that lives there. Thanks for asking about him!

Hope your week goes smooth Eddie :thumbsup: Any cabbage flare ups Sunday :woot:

IW good luck if hitting the ice! Ditto Eddie's comments on staying safe.

WW glad the snow missed you :clap: Hope your Monday is a good one!

h2l hope you have a good report on your bowling last night :thumbsup:

Hope everyone has a good day no matter what's on the agenda :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11994 on: Mar 19, 2018, 06:29 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....glad to hear your customer is a laid back kind of guy  @)  hope today goes well no matter how short it turns out to be  ;)

Eddie....fingers crossed today is the day you get reunited with your truck  ;D

IW.....hope your follow up appt goes well today  :) glad you found relief from the pain

IFF....hope you enjoyed yesterday's games  :)

Another sunny cold day ahead. Weatherman said we have a 6 day stretch of DRY weather this week which hasn't happened since Oct 2017 :o  :o

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11995 on: Mar 19, 2018, 06:55 AM »
A cool 9* and sunny. No real warm-up in sight. The snow is going to dry-up before it melts.

Some very good games yesterday. Glad Syracuse took another step forward.

The bowling team locked up 1st place for the second half of the season. We took all 4 points last night. On April 22 we will have to have a best of five roll-off with the 1st half winners. They finished in 4th place the second half.

Everyone have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11996 on: Mar 19, 2018, 09:13 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope everyone is doing well. YG nice pics of your season. I hope they get the Marcum up and running again. Eddie hope the truck returns soon with the new old pump still in it. Glad your not letting that mechanic touch it next vehicle issue. WS hope your family member is on a speedy recovery. Nice to hear the range fees are taken care of. IW enjoy the new lap top. Nice to see your success with your buddy this year. I hope I can get a laker sometime sounds like they fight like a junkyard dog. Bud Kansas still sitting good in the ncaa. This has been a wild Tourney this year. I liked seeing NC get stomped. Mr. Clean good to hear your progress on the home front. Trying to keep up on the other posts but it's hard during March Madness.

Online IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11997 on: Mar 19, 2018, 11:03 AM »
Good morning.  WW, its been about the craziest March Madness I have ever seen.  3 more upsets.  Well the wet/heavy snow showed up, and trashed the canopy over my boat. frame gave out from the weight.   See neighbor had a large limb break, just missing two parked cars.

Think I will welcome the 70* plus this Thursday.  Heard the wind trashed the boat dock, and they closed the ramp for now.  Lucky there is the other ramp that can now be opened even if only half of it can be used because of some on going construction.

Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11998 on: Mar 20, 2018, 01:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and 19* this am, high of 34 today.

Bud...that Colorado weather sure has been crazy this year! That sucks about the boat canopy collapsing.  :%$#!:
  OG..have you been out on the ice or has your season come to an end?
  H2..CONGRATULATIONS to you and the team, and best of luck in April, great job!!  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
  Wally..didn't get the truck back yesterday, but apparently the part has been ordered...back to waiting for a call again.
  Marv..glad you had some help from the ladies and everything went fairly well, good deal! That's amazing how much ice you have out on the lakes yet, wow! Hope yesterday's work went well... :thumbsup:
  Jeff..best of luck to you and the boys if fishing today, hope yesterday's appt. went well for you!   :thumbsup: 

Starting at 4 again this am, about 200sq.ft of terrazzo to hammer out before the morning crowd arrives.
  Will check in at break and see how everyone's doing....cawfee's on!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11999 on: Mar 20, 2018, 02:56 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope all have a good day today. Eddie there are people still fishing the triangles here; I have hung it up unless I make a trip to Northern WI. I hope you land your truck soon. My daughters car is going in today for a oil change and filter and a walk around checkup. Can't wait for some more bb love the madness time. Number 11 on the orange team looks like a pro already and I think he is just a freshman. Bud looks like the J hawks have one of the toughest paths to the final good luck to Kansas crew.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.