The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Canyon Ferry Ice??  (Read 2882 times)

Offline jigmaster5000

• Team IceShanty Regular
Canyon Ferry Ice??
« on: Dec 10, 2007, 11:33 AM »
 :tipup:
Zelus mos planto criminatio

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Canyon Ferry Ice??
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2007, 11:54 AM »
We went fly fishing out at CF on Saturday. Barley a skim down by the silos but we went north of the "pressure ridge" and then ended up going to White Earth. No sure how the ice was further east but probably not very good and there was nobody down there even trying to fist. I would say a couple of more weeks down there.

On our way home we swung by the regulating res. That is fishable with between 5-8 inches of clear ice depending on where you were. Perch were biting quite well from what we seen. My husband went out there to talk to a guy we knew and caught like 4 fish in 2 minutes.

We also when by Lake Helena and there were a bunch of people out there although the ice did not look to healthy out there.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:59 PM »
Canyon Ferry has only 2 inches of ice, the Causeway and Lake Helena were froze but pulled away during that last warm spell and some people are fishing the holding reservoir.

Offline Walltrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 11, 2007, 01:01 PM »
Here is the latest report that I have seen from Ice Man on the Montana Outdoor Radio Show Website

The Causeway arm at Hauser has fishable ice (3-4")
Canyon Ferry South half just froze, over night - on saturday night.

"Many go fishing all their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after." - Henry David Thoreau

"If people don't occasionally walk away from you shaking their heads, you're doing something wrong."  John Giera

Offline PerchFan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2007, 11:04 AM »
Causeways good with 5inches
holding reservoirs good to

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:23 PM »
Jiggy.....you can't miss the road into the dik es.  also another great spot is right across from white horse gulch road.  go out a ways and drop a line, it's REALLY shallow in there but there's alot of nice fish in there, too. like only 6-8' deep most areas.

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:48 PM »
Another buddy told me to get to the dik es go down whitehorse road and park by the cottonwoods, is there another road? I tried to go there last year and got lost ??? ;D
I think there's one before that but it's not marked very well.

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:37 PM »
conditions are great....my buddy was out today........

Offline pickledpike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2007, 11:06 PM »
headed up to canyon ferry new years eve/day.  probably going to fish by silos, hole in the wall, and across by the ponds.  anyone hear any locations that are producing well.   

Offline rrfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2007, 08:17 AM »
The di kes area has been producing pretty well.  My friend lives right by the di kes and goes out dang near every day.

Offline pioneer MT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2007, 07:44 PM »
Heading u tomorrow for the first time. Been slaying the trout this year. Looking for a more diverse range of fish. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Planning on starting at the silos. Am going to try and get to the di kes as well.

Offline icechick

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2008, 11:48 AM »
Fished east of the Silos yesterday. 10 in of ice where we were. The ice looked pretty bad at first but the further you go out the better it gets. We were fishing in about 8 ft of water and did pretty well. Between my husband and I we caught 3 nice trout and lost about 4 more (not to mention all of the hit and runs we had) in about 4 hrs.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.