The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Vexilar Info  (Read 3704 times)

Offline kwil226

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Vexilar Info
« Reply #30 on: Feb 09, 2009, 11:50 AM »
Glad to see you got to see one! No doubt they are both great units that do are what we are looking for.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 13, 2009, 09:11 PM »
I used a FL20 all week at Devils Lake and nothing can compare, I fell in love with that thing, I'm definitely getting rid of the FL-8SE at the end of this season and stepping it up a few notches.

Offline jimmerjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:39 PM »
well... how was the fishing at devils lake? how was accesibiility? hope you caught a bunch of those fat shrimp-fed pig perch and eyes!!!

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2009, 10:57 PM »
We couldn't get a perch to bite! we spend over a day and a half looking for them.  Fished all over Creels Bay, Black Tiger Bay, East DL and Minnewaukan Flats.  Even had a guide for one of those days, we seen 4 fish pulled out the entire time we were looking.  We limited on walleyes and slimers twice and had a ton of fun catching others.  Our biggest pike pushed 10 and biggest eye pushed 6.

The lake was insane getting around to say the least, lots of areas have plowed roads all over, which are impossible to escape because there is 3-4 feet of snow pack on the edges.  Luckily for us we arrived in an unseasonably strange rainstorm which reduced the snow by nearly half of what it was.  This meant driving through slush and snow, hitting slush pockets and getting stuck!  It was nuts, I would of never trusted it but we were reassured everytime we drilled into our 12 inch extension.   The first hole I punched, I swear to god as I kicked the slush away from it, all the slush from the hole shot out, the hole turned into a geyser with 3 inches of water shooting out of it, shrimp too.  It got cold yesterday and snowed the night before, making a hard crust with frozen slush pockets underneath, most of the snow was 12-16 at this point and it seemed fine, we drove a couple miles out on the east side and wound up dropping into a good slush pocket 100 feet from where we were headed, getting buried.  My dad and I set up beside the truck while the guide dug it out, we sat there nailing 4 lb eyes while he dug himself out(only had one shovel and insisted we fished, completely denied our help)

I don't have an easy way to post pics but here's a link to some of my ice fishing pics... I never take enough pictures and i always cuss myself, but I never seem to pic the camera up more.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=83459&id=676869687&l=a4233

We used Perch Eyes Guide Service and Kyle was our guide for a day, Aaron for another.  Kyle is a young new guy to the crew and I would recommend him to anyone.  He was everything I could of hoped for in a guide.

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 14, 2009, 12:13 AM »

Here's one day, burrrr

btw, the date is screwed it was the 12th I think

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.