New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Cabelas Lifetime Warranty  (Read 3047 times)

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
Cabelas Lifetime Warranty
« on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:14 PM »
Pretty pumped.  I noticed that the stitching gave way on the toe of my 15+ yr old Cabelas Predator Extreme Pac Boots.  Well Cabelas exchanged my boots for brandy new ones!  Hoping to get as much life out of the new ones as I did the old ones!  Saves me $200 bucks to invest in the Striker Bibs.
Sometimes ya gotta push the sheep through the fence

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
Re: Cabelas Lifetime Warranty
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2017, 09:19 PM »
 ???

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2017, 10:35 PM »
that's weird. when my feet were getting soaked in my cabeals top of the line snow boots they asked for a receipt. i asked why would you want that and the woman said because they have a date for how long life time is on their footwear. maybe i should try again and see what happens this time. this happened about 3 years ago. i didn't see any date on the life time expectancy on the receipt when i bought them or i would have returned them new.

she refused to help me with out the receipt.

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 04, 2017, 12:36 AM »
My mother returned them in store.  Mind you they still sell the same exact model that I had originally purchased.  I figured i'd have her give it a shot as she was heading to CT anyways.  The Lifetime Warranty thing is a little vague to say the least.  Maybe she got lucky and dealt with a new employee or an employee that was on her way out...Either way a mark in the W column for me.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2017, 06:25 AM »
Pike Paralyzer consider yourself lucky there was a thread a couple years back where a member was very upset with Cabelas life time warranty  coverage. He had a two year old pair of boots after returning them he received a check for half of what he paid for the boots. We he called to complain was told sir it is not your life time but what we feel is a reasonable period the boots/item should last under normal usage. This member was able to get Cabelas to cover three quarters of cost for boots after repeated phone calls and letters.
Steve

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 04, 2017, 07:47 AM »
the reason that they ask for the receipt is that they have a 90 day satisfaction guarantee return policy. after that, they consider "normal wear and tear". without a receipt, they will give out up to their lowest selling price , ie. sale price, clearance price and apply the normal wear and tear policy. they consider how worn the item is, ie. scuffing, wear on the soles, etc. you mat get a depreciated amt for it. no where does it say that you will get the full value or replacement for the item. like previously stated - vague

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #6 on: Oct 04, 2017, 01:08 PM »
returning a 15 year old pair of boots.....

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Oct 06, 2017, 01:28 PM »
returning a 15 year old pair of boots.....

In my eyes a Lifetime is longer than 15 years........

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #8 on: Oct 06, 2017, 01:32 PM »
In my eyes a Lifetime is longer than 15 years........
.             I think u got the right person to return them, your mother they might have felt sorry for her !!

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Oct 06, 2017, 01:37 PM »
.             I think u got the right person to return them, your mother they might have felt sorry for her !!

LOL, possibly.  But, "guaranteed for the life against defects in workmanship under normal wear and tear conditions" to me means that if the stitching fails through out the "life' of the product, then they should replace them.  These boots were mint otherwise.  The felt liners were perfect, there were no cuts in them, etc.  great product and I would have had no problem buying another pair, but if figured i'd take a shot on returning them.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 06, 2017, 01:42 PM »
Also the associate she delt with might have been the best one to deal with. Have heard too many “stories” about stores not accepting merchandise back

Offline Pike Paralyzer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Oct 06, 2017, 01:48 PM »
Also the associate she delt with might have been the best one to deal with. Have heard too many “stories” about stores not accepting merchandise back

Oh I don't doubt it.  The only store I know that honors their "Lifetime" policy is L.L. Bean.  Top notch customer service from everyone I know that has dealt with them.

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Oct 17, 2017, 05:15 AM »
I have had decent luck with the lifetime footwear warranty.  I had a pair of waders for 2 years that  sprung a leak.  Sent them in and got a new pair within a few weeks. 

Also with moccasin  slippers.  Had a pair that they replaces when the sole stitching started to come undone, they didn't say anything about the obvious dog chewed laces and tongue.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.