New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Anyone read this?  (Read 1426 times)

Offline mistertwister

• Team IceShanty Addict
Anyone read this?
« on: Sep 02, 2017, 08:14 PM »
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.syracuse.com/outdoors/index.ssf/2017/09/dec_confirms_walleyes_have_invaded_are_thriving_in_skaneateles_lake.amp

I had heard rumors....I guess it's true, too bad it doesn't lock up/even get ice on the ends more often!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: Anyone read this?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 03, 2017, 04:34 AM »
Interesting read, thanks for sharing! Have never fished Skaneateles, thats unfortunate the walleye are now in there. Wonder what DEC's next plan of attack will be?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Sep 03, 2017, 07:48 AM »

Interesting , thanks for sharing

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 03, 2017, 08:24 AM »
It's too bad that some 'bucket biologist' had to introduce walleye into the lake, when there are numerous other lakes with walleye in them in the area. I'm sorry to say that it sounds like they are there to stay! It would be nice if they could catch the culprit(s) and make an example of them.  :(
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2017, 07:32 AM »
Why can't someone create this problem closer to where I fish ?  ;)
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline dukhnter8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Kind of funny that a few places that they stock never really get the return they are looking for but someone dumps a few in and they take hold.

Maybe it's just a few spots I fish that the walleye are not very catchable, except for Erie.

Offline tblaster123

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Kind of funny that a few places that they stock never really get the return they are looking for but someone dumps a few in and they take hold.

Yeah really... somebody illegally dumps in 2 or 3 fat walleye in a lake and suddenly the population  starts growing. And then a different lake 25 miles away the state is putting in a few MILLION fry a year and can't seem to sustain a very healthy population...

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 12, 2017, 09:57 AM »
Yeah really... somebody illegally dumps in 2 or 3 fat walleye in a lake and suddenly the population  starts growing. And then a different lake 25 miles away the state is putting in a few MILLION fry a year and can't seem to sustain a very healthy population...
Sounds like Colorado.....Go figure
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.