New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lock Number 5, Hudson River  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Ice234

• IceShanty Rookie
Lock Number 5, Hudson River
« on: Apr 22, 2017, 11:07 PM »
I've heard some good things about lock 5 when it freezes over and I'm guessing it doesn't get too overfished. Does anybody know if the fishing is worth it there? Primarily for pike/walleye and a decent day of jigging

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
Re: Lock Number 5, Hudson River
« Reply #1 on: Apr 25, 2017, 08:31 PM »
I've heard some good things about lock 5 when it freezes over and I'm guessing it doesn't get too overfished. Does anybody know if the fishing is worth it there? Primarily for pike/walleye and a decent day of jigging
Well, I would say it's hit and miss.
3 of us went in there 2nd week of Jan. and caught only 1 perch on a tipup and we fished tipups and jigged, nothing on the flasher all day. We moved 3x's starting at the old bridge all the way back to where it opens up and splits at the lock wall.  :P
So I would say, try it, you never know if the fish are going to be there or not.

Offline Ice234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Apr 26, 2017, 06:51 AM »
Thanks for the reply Fish-N-Adventures. Have you ever gone for pike there? I've caught some monsters in that area in open water I think it might be worth trying

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 26, 2017, 06:08 PM »
I've seen others catch some nice pike out of there. But, I've not had any luck.  ???

Offline Ice234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Apr 26, 2017, 10:42 PM »
Alright I'll give it a try this coming winter. Only way to find out is to get out there myself  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.