New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Snyders Lake, Rennsallear County  (Read 968 times)

Offline Ice234

• IceShanty Rookie
Snyders Lake, Rennsallear County
« on: Apr 10, 2017, 09:20 PM »
I fish this lake all the time in the summer as my grandparents and Uncle both live on the lake. I have great success with bass in the summer and walleye in the spring but the lake seems to just be dead every time I ice fish it. I'm familiar with the geography and depths of the lake, but I can never get flags. As far as jigging, I can't get off the bluegill. I have jigged deeper to try for perch and crappie but no luck. So, just wondering if anybody could help me out with which sections of the lake produce in the ice, if any? Especially walleye and crappie. Thank you!

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Snyders Lake, Rennsallear County
« Reply #1 on: Apr 21, 2017, 06:51 AM »
I fish this lake all the time in the summer as my grandparents and Uncle both live on the lake. I have great success with bass in the summer and walleye in the spring but the lake seems to just be dead every time I ice fish it. I'm familiar with the geography and depths of the lake, but I can never get flags. As far as jigging, I can't get off the bluegill. I have jigged deeper to try for perch and crappie but no luck. So, just wondering if anybody could help me out with which sections of the lake produce in the ice, if any? Especially walleye and crappie. Thank you!

Your experience is par for the course. I have a good friend who lived on the lake for years and he had it dialed in for open water but he had the same lack of success through the ice. We had a couple of big winter parties there and had 30 good fishermen out all over the lake and there weren't many fish caught. He would put tipups out in front of his house on a daily basis and did manage a few fish here and there but never caught them consistently.

How about those monster gills though?  ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Ice234

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Snyders Lake, Rennsallear County
« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2017, 12:54 AM »
Ship of fools the bluegill fishing there is great! I'll never deny that. My uncle lives on the north end right where the weeds group in the summer time and I would think the crappy and perch fishing there would be ideal, but I've still yet to get anything other than bluegills. I've tried jigging in anywhere from 4 to 25 feet of water there and only pulled up gills. Some monsters, but I'm just surprised I haven't found even one crappy or perch. It seems like they just aren't there even though I see the perch all the time in the summer.. As far as tipups, my shiners always get destroyed by pickerel. Makes it hard to fish for bass when the only occasional flag is a little pickerel or just a torn up shiner. But glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles with it ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.