New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024773 times)

Offline gonephishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #1290 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:50 PM »
On a side note, watched my bud drop his IPhone down the hole this weekend. $600 clams down the drain! Never seen a guy move so fast, almost got it but ended up with a wet sleeve. It did have a waterproof cover, but it doesn't float. We were able to call it and leave a nasty message!  :%$#!:

Duuuude, I’ve lost 2 iPhones in 3 seasons!!!! I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one!! Insurance is a great thing!

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #1291 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:58 PM »
That is a great video Dacker!
My friend does have a camera and we have the spot marked, our holes are probably drain holes now...?
Might have to take a look, 20' FOW.
Moose we might need your camera too. Wait.....you have the flu... :o

Offline Black Betty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1292 on: Feb 19, 2018, 07:52 PM »
We tried to figure out how to remotely turn on the camera, then try and snag it, no dice. Do they make a waterproof floating cover? I suggested a lanyard, he could wear it.

I use a life proof case and you can attach a lanyard to it. 

Offline fowlhookedny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1293 on: Feb 19, 2018, 07:54 PM »
Was fishing with my cousin out of Lewis pt yesterday(2/18) and he left his 8" nils next to the truck in the parking lot.   It has a bright yellow homemade drill plate that couldn't be mistaken for anyone else's.  If anyone saw it or grabbed it, please let me know. Thanks!   

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1294 on: Feb 20, 2018, 07:08 AM »

Eeh, way to put the puck in da net der eeh!! Nice....

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #1295 on: Feb 20, 2018, 02:15 PM »
went out around 9:30 am and ice was in fine shape albeit some standing water on top.....shore was fine.....just watch out for old holes as they are opening up pretty good......left at 1:30 and was still good.....foggy as hell.......compass,GPS,navionics and spud are critical when it gets like this......this was at Lewis Pt........seems kinda early for late ice conditions @)......there is still 18" of ice......little soft on top
Modify message

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1296 on: Feb 20, 2018, 04:36 PM »
ya think a frozen lake has an effect on air temperature.......Syra cuse airport reporting 64 degrees.........Lakesh ore Rd. in Maple bay it's 48 degrees....hit 69 in downtown syr.......never got above 46 on the lake.......no sun helped

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1297 on: Feb 20, 2018, 05:44 PM »
Similar report on the northshore.

Went out of Taft tonight. The shore ice was fine. Some big drain holes scattered around. Also some fairly deep water pockets on the ice. A little soft on top.

Oh and that fog was fun...

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1298 on: Feb 20, 2018, 05:53 PM »
That is a great video Dacker!
My friend does have a camera and we have the spot marked, our holes are probably drain holes now...?
Might have to take a look, 20' FOW.
Moose we might need your camera too. Wait.....you have the flu... :o
Hey it's just the flu! I'm good to go now tho but chances are that his phone is toast. Would be a cool recovery project!

Offline stringer01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1299 on: Feb 20, 2018, 06:20 PM »
 Went out of lewis mon not much going on ice was decent a couple perch and a short eye nice weather should have known better too nice out Didnt know we had all this extra money for new phones maybe i should fish for them might have better luck i know insurance

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1300 on: Feb 20, 2018, 07:03 PM »
I couldn't get out today  gents ,I have a job taking care of a sick family member  but I did have a break so I grabbed the ole 20 ga double  and stombed a few brush piles  ;D....4 shoots later 3 bunnies and I'm eating good this evening ;D

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1301 on: Feb 20, 2018, 07:16 PM »
Great job Trap! I haven't had rabbit in forever.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1302 on: Feb 20, 2018, 07:21 PM »
reeleyz wish I had known  plent of grub and cold rolling rock to wash it down with

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1303 on: Feb 21, 2018, 03:38 AM »
reeleyz wish I had known  plent of grub and cold rolling rock to wash it down with
fry up a few gill fillets with that and you got sportsman surf and turf......rolling rock's a nice touch also

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1304 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:18 AM »
Trapper,good job with the bunnies. I went out Saturday and got  2 partridge. Fished for 3 hrs Monday afternoon in the rain , 2 sphort eyes and 2 smaller perch

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1305 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:19 AM »

Well done trapp

Offline Dug1898

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1306 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:25 AM »
Try Shish-ka-bunny Trap...marinated boneless rabbit on a skewer...Good way to try beaver too! ;D

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #1307 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:48 AM »
Yeah nice deal on the bunnies Trapper, wish I had a good Beagle right now.
Moose we scrapped the recovery project, my bud picked up a good deal on a new phone. And you're right it's toast by now.
The yotes' have been showing in daylight lately. Spank 'em guys. Small male was out looking for some love.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1308 on: Feb 21, 2018, 09:33 AM »
just got of the ice got 10 perch shore is holding up and so is the ice overall not as much water as i thought would be on top some decent size holes out there from water being sucked down...

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1309 on: Feb 21, 2018, 03:17 PM »
Trapper,good job with the bunnies. I went out Saturday and got  2 partridge. Fished for 3 hrs Monday afternoon in the rain , 2 sphort eyes and 2 smaller perch
hey bucket, trade ya couple dozen perch for the pats  ;D........omg, haven't had a grouse dinner in forever.....my favorite game bird for the table....nice job

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1310 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:14 PM »
Nice dog Rugburn! Love seeing the yotes get shot. 👍🏼
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline team trouble captain

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1311 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:40 PM »
just got of the ice got 10 perch shore is holding up and so is the ice overall not as much water as i thought would be on top some decent size holes out there from water being sucked down...
where did you head out from ? supposed to take the 3hr drive from buffalo on Saturday . thanks

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1312 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:05 PM »
Scout,pats aren’t easy to come by, those where the 1st in a couple of years. The last 4 came over about a 5 year span using my bow.

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1313 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:08 PM »
Thanks for the report oneida1. Perch have been tough for me this year...but the bluegills and crappies have been very good to me the last few trips.

. I went out Saturday and got  2 partridge.
getting 1 pa'tridge is great ...2 is awesome !

hey bucket, trade ya couple dozen perch for the pats  ;D........omg, haven't had a grouse dinner in forever.....my favorite game bird for the table....nice job
They were My favorite to hunt and eat too scout....been a long time for me also.

scout57....You are a lot like Rick at Apps........you both are avid golfers,....  you both love grouse and grouse hunting ,,,, you both love Oneida Lake.....and you both catch lot's of fish !

My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1314 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:16 PM »

Those birds go great in spaghetti sauce

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1315 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:15 PM »
Thanks for the report oneida1. Perch have been tough for me this year...but the bluegills and crappies have been very good to me the last few trips.
 getting 1 pa'tridge is great ...2 is awesome !
 They were My favorite to hunt and eat too scout....been a long time for me also.

scout57....You are a lot like Rick at Apps........you both are avid golfers,....  you both love grouse and grouse hunting ,,,, you both love Oneida Lake.....and you both catch lot's of fish !
don't know rick very well choo choo but I will take that as a compliment from what I hear........don't hunt partridge much any more unfortunately......I am lucky to have a very understanding wife that I love dearly.......that damn golf thingy does get in the way of my summer fishing so I tend to stock up on fish during the ice season.....oh, and retirement has really helped with all of the above ;)

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1316 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:33 PM »
I've been retired for 11 years but don't seem to have time to do most of what I want to do.  Maybe I've become lazy or just slowed down.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1317 on: Feb 22, 2018, 02:45 AM »
well I been busy but I'm going to get out for a few hours this morning

Offline jimbo13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1318 on: Feb 22, 2018, 01:05 PM »
well Trap, just wondering how the shore ice held, coming up tomorrow

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1319 on: Feb 22, 2018, 01:26 PM »
I couldn't get out today  gents ,I have a job taking care of a sick family member  but I did have a break so I grabbed the ole 20 ga double  and stombed a few brush piles  ;D....4 shoots later 3 bunnies and I'm eating good this evening ;D
taste like chicken Trapper?  ;D ;D ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.