Author Topic: Auger Drill Adapter?  (Read 729 times)

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
Auger Drill Adapter?
« on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:36 AM »
 Was just wondering if anybody has used one of these with 20 volt or better drill? And how they worked?  ???
TEAM  PA.

Offline DEADONDYLAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Auger Drill Adapter?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:21 AM »
I've used it with a 6" lazer and an 18 v dewalt for 4 years at least with no problems. I'm sure a larger voltage would be fine as long as it has the torque. ;)

Offline TT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:27 AM »
Use mine for a 6" mora auger with the Craftsman 19.2 volt 1/2" drill with no issues.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:30 AM »
Works great with Craftsman 20 volt lithium ion but try to  keep batteries warm.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Offline paulk

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:43 AM »
I've never seen that, looked at it on Cabella's
how long does it take to go thru 6 or 8 inches of black ice??

Offline ice--cube

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:46 AM »
I just bought a drill adapter this year. I was wondering if any ou you guys have any tips to keeping the battery's warm when not in use.

Offline HVFD14

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Don't ask...I can't tell.
« Reply #6 on: Dec 29, 2011, 12:02 PM »
I just bought a drill adapter this year. I was wondering if any ou you guys have any tips to keeping the battery's warm when not in use.

Mini cooler with hand warmers works good.
  BE THERE!

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Dec 29, 2011, 01:56 PM »
I had great success with batteries for the first year,tough to keep the batteries warm and the cold just kills them and i had lithium ion batteries should of been great for the cold weather,after it quiting on me twice i went back to hand drilling but did go to a smaller hole,and bought a used gas auger 10 inch for deeper water and bigger fish.hope this helps.

Offline Preacher_man

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Have a Real CRAPPIE Day!!!!
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2011, 05:25 PM »
 Thanks for the replys! I think I'm going to have to get one an try it out! thanks again!
TEAM  PA.

Offline Homemade

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 29, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Keep them in your coat

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2011, 08:19 PM »
I also have a craftsman 19.2 and if it  does well with a 6" then a 5" should be like butter! But then its one more thing to lug around hmmm is it worth it?

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 29, 2011, 09:52 PM »
I started with one of those and was unhappy with the results so I built this and have been happy ever since!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zp9G9sbpvqM

For around 200 bucks it not only out drills the drills, but some of the augers too!

ps... i fixed the link so it works now!

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #12 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:03 PM »
I have a 6 inch Mora and use an 18 volt Milwaukee hammer drill and I am able to drill 32 holes in 9-10 inches of ice in a day with 2 Ni Cad batteries.  I just replaced the brushes this year cause the drill was not working well.  (Can't complain used it to build my house and helped with 2 others.)  I did buy a new Milwaukee with the Lithium Ion batteries and they do not do well with the cold.  I spoke to the service rep and he stated that the Lithium Ion batteries must be kept warm for them to work outside in the winter.  If you let these batteries sit in your sled for any length of time, you will lose your charge.  I had to make sure I kept the Lithium Ion batteries in front of the heater so I could use them later.  I would recommend that if you use this system, you use the Ni Cad batteries and you will be happy because it is lighter, no mess and quiet.  Good luck

Offline tricohatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 29, 2011, 10:45 PM »
I have a Mora 6" with a Milwaukee 28 volt lithium ion. I keep the batteries warm and up off the ice helps to keep them charged. The 28 volt lithium ion batteries have built in LED charge indicator lights in the case that is a nice feature! No problems with it cutting through the ice! ;D

Offline 641cfrank

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 29, 2011, 11:18 PM »
I use a Milwaukee 18 volt lithium ion with a 8inch Lazer. I didn't even know about the cold affecting the batteries, maybe because I haven't gone out at 20- yet... ;) the adapter that I got was from Fleet Farm and I've had problems with it bending at the top where you connect the drill which makes the auger spins crooked..., but other then that I like it because its a whole lot easier then by hand plus I already had the drill. At first I thought the 8inch would be to big for the 18 volt but it seems to work good. I'm sure it would be faster with a 6inch but I'd rather have the larger hole just in case.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.