Canada > Ice Fishing British Columbia

Power Baits

(1/2) > >>

Ice Gido:
I just picked up some Berkley Power Naturals (worms and maggots) and was hoping they would be a good substitute for worms and other live things. Is anyone successfully using power baits, power naturals or similar products on a regular basis?   How are you fishing and rigging them (under a bobber, on a jig, etc.)?  Any recommendations?

Ice Gido

TGF:
I use power bait (turbo dough) as back-up for trout. Have not used power naturals.

BCSmits:
Haven't had much luck with the maggot imitations but biggest trout I've caught this year, an 18", was on a flouro jig with a bit of "Gulp" imitation worm.

Ice Gido:

--- Quote from: BCSmits on Jan 15, 2004, 07:36 PM ---Haven't had much luck with the maggot imitations but biggest trout I've caught this year, an 18", was on a flouro jig with a bit of "Gulp" imitation worm.

--- End quote ---

Hi BCSmits.  I picked up a 15" rainbow last weekend on a Power Natural Maggot.  Fishing was nil, so I tried out the Maggot and hooked our only fish of the day.  My partner was using roe and I had been using roe on a jig, then I switched to the Maggot on the jig.  I don't know if it was the Maggot or the action of the jig that worked.

You mentioned using a part of a Gulp Worm.  How much worm are you using with your jig - just enough to give a taste or enough to provide some "worm" action?

BCSmits:
Hey Ice Gido, was pinching off about 1 cm. from the worm, just to give em a taste.  Wanted to keep it small so as not to spook them.  Seemed to work better for the bigger trout.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version