Wyoming > Ice Fishing Wyoming

First time on Boysen

(1/8) > >>

pathfinder:
Any for hints for a first timer on boysen

LT:
Welcome to the site Pathfinder, you'll like it here...hmmm, Boysen. Yeppers, from what I've heard from my die-hard buddies, I'd keep on driving past Boysen and go to Ocean instead. It's not been this year what it was last, but if I fisehd it, I would launch my gear at south muddy and go way out in the bay around n muddy in 40 ft for the spawning perch and the ling.  ;D

4cator:
Well, for you I will say it again.

There are no good places on Boysen to catch a Fish.  It's fished out, and the G&F said that they were not going to restock it until the drought is over.  Shame too, cause it used to be a good place to catch a fish or two.  Oh, I suppose if you want to catch a limit of 4lb rainbows you could go over there.  Ice is bad and the wind makes the place absolutely miserable. But you may be able to dredge up a few.  Oh, and I have heard of some people catching a limit of perch, or occasionally some crappies. But that only happens when the fish are biting. Once in a while, an "old timer" may catch a walleye or two. I have also seen several real nice stringers of catfish caught out of there. They caught some slobs last year in January. Oh did I tell you that the world record Ice caught Walleye was caught out of Boysen. 17.42 lbs She is mounted and is located up at the State Park headquarters.  Ling, oh yes ling.  Did I mention ling??? Holy cow did I catch some nice ling out of there. Course that was last year.  Gonna have to fish over in the Green River drainage this year though. Sounds to me like all the ling went over there to spend the winter.  Yeppers, looks like Boysen will be a waste of time this year.  OH Well,  good luck to ya, and don't catch them all.   Ocean lake, oh ocean lake, Ex LT caught all the fish out of there, so I wouldn't even bother.

laters

The Cator.

LT:
Pathfinder, that's the Cator's way of welcoming you to the WY IS site...sorta like a fishing baptism of fire. I guess on occasion, a few fishies are actually caught outta Boysen, but like I said, I haven't bothered this year. I can drive less distance to pitch a shut-out,
                                                   Lt  ;D

Mooter:
I'm  heading there next weekend for the tourney and plan on doing good.  I think if your determined you can catch what ever your after.  I have always done good at South Muddy or Cottenwood.  Fremont's good for trout and a occasional ling.  Good luck.  Let me know when your heading out there and I will try to get you the latest report.  My Grandfather ands Uncle live in Lander so they frequently go there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version