Author Topic: What happened to that cabin build  (Read 1762 times)

Offline mtkeely

• IceShanty Rookie
What happened to that cabin build
« on: Aug 30, 2023, 02:22 PM »
What happened to that guy that was building a cabin in northwest Canada? He used to post updates on the build progress?

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: What happened to that cabin build
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2023, 02:45 PM »
This appears to be one of his latest post  ...hope all is good his way

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=389910.msg4316692#msg4316692

IW
All is good so far back home.
Yellowknife fire still 10 miles West of town. Fire fighters have been doing a great job cutting fire lines, setting sprinklers and dropping retardant/water to hold the fire at bay.

Fire by my cabin is still 6 miles away and hasn't moved any closer since I left.

Am currently camping in my buddies driveway in Soldotna Alaska. On Sunday a bunch of us are heading out camping and fishing on the Kenai River for a week. It's tough to be me.  ;D

On another note the gubmint says trying to return to any of the evacuated towns can result in charges.
It's a shame I can't leave. Whatever will I do?   :whistle:

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=332685.1320
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2023, 07:29 PM »
What happened to that guy that was building a cabin in northwest Canada? He used to post updates on the build progress?
Where the heck have you been??? A member over 10 hears and only 6 posts  :woot: :roflmao: ;)2 :whistle: :blink:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2023, 08:02 PM »
Mtkeely, The member you are referring to uses the Screen name of Drifter with some numbers after the Drifter. The past few years he has had some events that limited his time to work on the cabin. A couple bouts of Covid and death of his father. He does post from time to time in the 9:45 on a Tuesday thread . He was at the cabin when evacuation order was issued by North West Territories government as wildfire was closing in on the location of his cabin. he returned to his home in city of Yellow Knife and when another wild fire was moving in on the city evacuated with his camper. His last post had him at a friend's in Alaska . If you go to the 9:45 thread and start at page 99 and work backwards towards page 90 you will find a few posts from Drifter giving updates on the wildfires before he left.

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.