The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Snowmobiles  (Read 1593 times)

Offline NCSnowDog

• IceShanty Rookie
Snowmobiles
« on: Mar 02, 2022, 09:13 PM »
Stopped by Norwich Pond in Huntington. Locked up and about a foot of ice. Snowmobile tracks all over the pond. I was the only person there. I drilled one hole and marked fish right away. Two sleds come out immediately and start ripping around the pond. I drilled about six more holds and didn’t mark anything so I left. I didn’t know that pond was used as a snowmobile drag racing track.

Offline ChrisL

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Snowmobiles
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2022, 11:23 PM »
That sucks, try going earlier in the morning.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2022, 06:15 AM »
Some lakes seem to attract them, often the same lakes that are full of jet skies in summer.
Not for me.
I don't see how the people who live on those lakes can stand the noise. Would drive me crazy.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2022, 07:25 AM »
Otis is legendary for snowmobile drags.  Have fished lakes like Sacandaga and 4th lake in NY.  Constant snow mobile traffic.  Fish didnt care.

Offline pmaloney86

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2022, 01:24 PM »
Seems any ponds where there are winter residents have a good amount of machine traffic.  I fished there once last year and said that was enough, especially after parking on the ice to only have the ice break on my way out and having to get pushed out by a few helpful people.  Nice people on the lake but I'm not a fan of fishing around pleasure riders whether its boats or machines.
westernmas on the finder

Offline PikeKing23

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big or Go Home!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2022, 03:25 PM »
Here here

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2022, 06:32 AM »
Some lakes seem to attract them, often the same lakes that are full of jet skies in summer.
Not for me.
I don't see how the people who live on those lakes can stand the noise. Would drive me crazy.

Not only that, do you want to see this smiling face at 5am flipping your docks?  Probably not.  Some lonely housewives, possibly yes.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2022, 09:15 AM »
Some lonely housewives, possibly yes.

Haha, I used to read residential water meters. I'm familiar with the concept.  ;)

Offline NCSnowDog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2022, 10:16 PM »
I guess I’m a sled magnet. Fished DAR today. Slow as I’ve ever seen it. A few drive by trout flags. Weather was perfect for there. Just as I was picking up to move on to greener pastures, two sleds went flying down the opposite side of Upper. They didn’t come back and I was leaving so I found it slightly amusing. Go figure.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.