Author Topic: Bowdish Ice 02/13/21 - CAREFUL  (Read 2068 times)

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
Bowdish Ice 02/13/21 - CAREFUL
« on: Feb 13, 2022, 07:56 AM »
Edges took a huge hit yesterday with those 60 degree temps an 8' piece of 3/4 ply won't even get me to safe slab ice from my front lawn. I suspect it might be sketchy edge wise most places. If you get out be careful. Ice has probably sugared up a lot in spots. Was planning a day of watching traps from the house but not happening. Need a couple nights of good hard refreeze to get a couple more weeks of fishing. If you are headed out be careful!!!! :tipup:
Chepachet....The Alaska of Rhode Island

Offline _Icecold_

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Bowdish Ice 02/13/21 - CAREFUL
« Reply #1 on: Feb 13, 2022, 02:06 PM »
Yeah I think the ice definitely took a beating yesterday. Even with 8"+ of ice it can get soft quick. Not going out today for that reason. This cold the next few days should help. If not, then heading north next weekend.

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 13, 2022, 06:17 PM »
Was wondering how the ice made out down here…came back from Winni we were on 18 inches crazy weather fishing in t shirts. Slow fishing but warm!

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #3 on: Feb 14, 2022, 11:44 AM »
02/14 12:30 update- edges are still pretty rough not much improved from yesterday. slushing heavily but still not supportive of weight. If it stays below 32 degrees and we get a good over night drop in temps. might have luck by tomorrow A.M. but I think that is hopeful at best.

Offline Ballbag

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2022, 05:52 PM »
The next two nights are close to single digits…Wed will be great

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #5 on: Feb 15, 2022, 05:46 AM »
I'll update this thread later today for a quick status. Need to get the foot checked by the doctor to see if it's in fishing condition @)

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2022, 12:10 PM »
1 pm 02/15 update - edges in spots still slushy. 2 inches or so spotty hard ice. might be able to get out to more solid ice but would not chance it. Give it another day to keep making ice.

Offline RIMainuh

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
  • Cold nuf for ya?
« Reply #7 on: Feb 16, 2022, 07:58 AM »
Edges have firmed up nicely. still only about 2 inches out to about 20 ft. once you hit the main Ice it's still has a good 6-7 inches. 2 on top, an inch or so of firmer slush then another 4 or so of relatively hard ice. I suspect today may be the last day fishing here with the warmer temps and rain expected Friday. I'm putting out traps and will tend from shore as I tweak a couple sled mods to organize it a bit better. The spillway here is closed to get the refill started. We are getting a lot of input from Lake Washington and the melt from "The Blizzard" has moved the lake level up. The level under my dock has come up a good 6 inches in the last week or so.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.