Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing Live Baits and Plastics

Aerator

<< < (3/5) > >>

esox_xtm:
Is there an air stone on the end of that hose of just a hose stuck in the bucket. The pic shows only a few big bubbles and smaller, more numerous bubbles carry more oxygen. Also, oxygen transfer takes place on the surface of the water so if foam accumulates or bubbles are not breaking the surface very little O2 will be in the water.

Do be aware of cloudy/stinky water. That means waste products have built up and water needs to be changed. Any store that sells aquarium products will have a decent aerator for 15 -20 bucks. Pick one...

Esox fisherman:

--- Quote from: esox_xtm on Feb 07, 2022, 09:03 AM ---Is there an air stone on the end of that hose of just a hose stuck in the bucket. The pic shows only a few big bubbles and smaller, more numerous bubbles carry more oxygen. Also, oxygen transfer takes place on the surface of the water so if foam accumulates or bubbles are not breaking the surface very little O2 will be in the water.

Do be aware of cloudy/stinky water. That means waste products have built up and water needs to be changed. Any store that sells aquarium products will have a decent aerator for 15 -20 bucks. Pick one...

--- End quote ---
I actually just took a screenshot of the video i took of it. The hose has an airstone if i figured it out i could send recording

Subway4X4:
I use a rechargeable aerator with intermittent aeration.

Bonus: can go on for days.

AquaMiracle Lithium Battery Powered Portable Aquarium Air Pump for Fish Tank up to 120 Gallons, USB Rechargeable Aquarium Bubbler Aerator for Outdoor Fishing, Power Outages and Emergency
by Tenyon
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098QRTN7V/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_HR1EDRQ33BX2XX1DDY2R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Esox fisherman:

--- Quote from: Subway4X4 on Feb 07, 2022, 09:13 AM ---I use a rechargeable aerator with intermittent aeration.

Bonus: can go on for days.

AquaMiracle Lithium Battery Powered Portable Aquarium Air Pump for Fish Tank up to 120 Gallons, USB Rechargeable Aquarium Bubbler Aerator for Outdoor Fishing, Power Outages and Emergency
by Tenyon
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B098QRTN7V/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_HR1EDRQ33BX2XX1DDY2R?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

--- End quote ---
I have a battery one for when im out fishing and an electric for at home.Batterys are expensive

Subway4X4:

--- Quote from: Esox fisherman on Feb 07, 2022, 09:14 AM ---I have a battery one for when im out fishing and an electric for at home.Batterys are expensive

--- End quote ---

Yeah. Was tired of constantly replacing batteries. Rechargeable is the way to go!

The intermittent aeration reduces the super saturation of nitrogen in the water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version