Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

Finally

<< < (2/4) > >>

aarogod:

--- Quote from: fish333 on Feb 01, 2022, 04:01 PM ---Finally got out to do some ice fishing. Just caught 2 fish for supper tonite. Felt good to get out.  Was out for about 3 hours and seen a lot of fish on the Marcum but they would just look and not bite. You could move bait up the column and the fish would follow just to look at  it. Frustrating.
Be safe out there. :tipup:

--- End quote ---

I've been out 6 times this year and every single time ive had the exact same experience.  They will come up and take a look at what you got to offer but maybe 1 out of every 15 fish that looks actually bites and it's usually light

I'm about to switch to more plastics and smaller hooks/jigs as i have lost count of how many fish i have been unable to hook when my spring bobber goes

Old Goat:

hang in there people been slow to worse here since first ice flurry. Today it got up to 40 or near and the fish were on fire so much at one point I tried jig alone but no bite back to waxies and smoked them

zcm_82:
I've been out 17 outings in 2022 now, and as a general rule, the early morning bite has been far better than afternoon/evening for me so far this season. 

7am-10am or so I've done fairly well, but the bite has been slow to dead from 10am-2pm-ish, and pretty slow in the later afternoon/evenings that I've fished. All of my better outings have been early.

IlliniIce:
last few times i have had to downsize to small plastics to really get them to go.
could catch a few on small spoons/jigs w/waxies but wedgees, jamies/makies and ratso type tails worked much better for numbers and keepers
looks like a few days off, we have about 8 inches so far and big drifts so its going to be tough to get into places for a while

zcm_82:
We're up to about 5.5" here and the wind has gotten pretty brisk.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version