Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

Anyone else still alive?

<< < (5/6) > >>

zcm_82:
Looks like the end of the road is just around the corner here. I checked 4 ponds this morning, and was only able to get out on one. The edges were completely shot on the other 3, and 2 of them had open water spots.

The one I was on had mostly bad edges, but a couple places I could still sneak on. The ice was not very healthy, 2" of frozen slush on top, then a pocket of water, and 3-5" of varying quality ice under the water layer. Could feel it bouncing when I was walking on it.

IlliniIce:
i am in total wait and see mode but it aint lookin good
three days of 50 with tstorms tuesday but then more cold weather, dont know if it will be enough to refreeze things though
but i aint put my gear away yet  ;D

zcm_82:
Wind is brutal and the bite is crap today, but it looks like today is likely last fishable ice here, so I'm out.

Arquero3d:
Gonna give it a try tomorrow. I'm hopeful I can get on.  If the home pond is too soft, I may have to try larger water.

zcm_82:
Got a goose egg, only had a few bites.

Stepped through right next to the bank when I was heading off. The ice softened up quite a bit over the course of the day with the sun beating down on it.

If it's below freezing in the morning I may go try again for a while the edges are tighter. If it's above 32°, I'll be staying home.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version