Rhode Island > Ice Fishing Rhode Island

current battery augers

(1/3) > >>

fredjiggy:
Looking to buy a battery auger. What is the current wisdom on the subject?  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Ramp 23:
Milluakee fuel 18v & K-drill. 7 lbs & can overlap holes & drill old holes . Free sharpening also. In four seasons mine still fine anyway. I fish a lot on the hard water & its really been fantastic. Company history is a good read

halfhooked:
I like my K drill super light  and fast     you will need a good battery drill    easy to pack    the Milwaukee fuel is the one recommended and has worked the best for me I started with a dewalt  then went a ridgid but the fuel 18 volt works the best 6 to 8  inches of ice you get 40 to50 holes on a 4 amp battery  be careful when buying a Milwaukee drill not all 28 volt Milwaukee drills are are fuel drills  I have not seen a better drill yet but the milwauke mud mixer works great too its just about 3 times heavier than the drill

hardwater diehard:
Current cordless drills to do the job

Dewalt DCD991

Dewalt DCD996

Dewalt DCD997

Dewalt DCD998 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Dewalt DCD999 must use 6ah or better Flexvolt battery to achieve the higher advertised torque

Milwaukee 2804-20

Milwaukee 2803-20

Spec for the proper drill

18V or Higher Brushless Drill

5 Amp Hour or Higher Battery

1/2” Chuck Type

Side Stabilizer /  Handle

Minimum Torque Rating of 84 Nm / 750 in. lbs/800 UWO

DRILL SETTING ....DRILL MODE.. Speed Setting 1  NO HAMMEER MODE !!!

As for auger drill bit units

All about the blades .1).K-Drill has Chipper style great for dirty ice Slowest and uses more battery ..2)Shaver style blade or Mora type ..Pistol Bit ..HT E-Drill ..Cableas Eze ..pretty fast and can be hand sharpen with some practice ..replacement blades fairly inexpensive . 3) Lazer/curved style blades or  ..Lite flight .. ..fastest but if used on dirty ice game over ..ie paper weight..replacement blades lil pricey.. I am not familar with the Razr ..but believe they have Lazer style blades .. next is weight ..metal heavier ..composite lighter . Having a center point is a great option ..most hand augers do not ..so skipping on glare ice is quite possible/dangerous . As for the Drill you will be using ..Brushless 725 in/lbs or better with 5ah battery or better..IF YOU GO WITH A UNDER POWERED UNDERTORQUED PICTURE HANGING /SHE SHED DRILL SET UP IT WILL BE AN EPIC FAIL EVENTUALLY..Buy the right drill and battery set up .

Make/Model                                          Price

Vevor ..........                   Mora/straight   $$
HT Enterprise E Drill..   Mora/Straight    $$$
Eskimo Pistol Bit/ION.. Mora/Straight     $$$$
Strikemaster Lite Flite.  Lazer/Curved    $$$$
K Drill...                      Chipper             $$$$
Cabelas Eze Drill..........Mora/Straight    $$$
Nils.................. ..........                       $$$$$
Razr S                                                 $$$
Mora hand auger....     Mora/Straight      $$

eiderz:

--- Quote from: fredjiggy on Nov 28, 2021, 01:34 PM ---Looking to buy a battery auger. What is the current wisdom on the subject?  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

--- End quote ---

Are you looking to buy a dedicated ice auger/powerhead combo, or a cordless drill/hand auger setup?

Either way, lots of info here....https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=73.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version