Illinois > Ice Fishing Illinois

Ice... close, yet so far.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Luckydog:
This weather is absolutely killing me.  High of 54 today, then a high of 18 on Friday then back into the 40s on Sunday.  It doesn't seem like we'll ever get ice.  It's the same every year :(

zcm_82:

--- Quote from: Luckydog on Dec 23, 2020, 12:15 PM ---This weather is absolutely killing me.  High of 54 today, then a high of 18 on Friday then back into the 40s on Sunday.  It doesn't seem like we'll ever get ice.  It's the same every year :(

--- End quote ---
We get a good one once in a while. Jan-Mar 2019 were really good for ice. I think March 9th was my last ice day.

Jan/Feb 2014 were really good, too, but I had a kid coming anytime and too much other stuff to take care of to get out much that winter.

zcm_82:
Just checked the same 3 ponds. The two bigger ones were pretty inconsistent because of the wind making them lock up so slow. Had .5-1.5"

The smallest one had a pretty consistent 2" all the way around.

bigbucky1:
I got out yesterday and scratched the itch a little.  Was on 3" but I was also on only 3' of water.  Caught a ton of gills but kept none.  Just was nice to get out for a few hours

zcm_82:

--- Quote from: bigbucky1 on Dec 27, 2020, 07:42 PM ---I got out yesterday and scratched the itch a little.  Was on 3" but I was also on only 3' of water.  Caught a ton of gills but kept none.  Just was nice to get out for a few hours

--- End quote ---

Guessing you're up in N IL to find 3" of decent ice?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version