Nebraska > Ice Fishing Nebraska

Any fishable ice in Nebraska?

(1/3) > >>

jigbounce:
Was wondering if anybody is fishing anywhere in Nebraska, particularly Merritt

1TIGGER:
JIGBOUNCE
Not from there any more but I spoke with my son in Kearney last night and he says the refuge lakes in Valentine have plenty of ice ! I fish new york now but used to live in Kearney and hit a lot of the interstate lakes when the bigger ones didnt have safe ice . Contact the local g&p office and they can tell you where there is ice . Check Sherman dam theres usually ice there too when it gets this warm . Good luck and let us know how you do !

jigbounce:
1Tigger,
I called game and parks & they said people are falling through on the edges and an ATV fell in at Merritt.  It has barley been getting below freezing here at night the past couple of weeks & the long range forecast doesn't look to be good for ice fishing, though I just can't accept that we won't have any more extremely cold weather this winter in Nebraska.  Anyways enjoy the ice in NY while you have it & good fishing too you.

Sandbilly:
Merritt still has some safe ice on the upper part of the Boardman. It's pulled off the bank 3-4' but there is still 6" of ice most places. There are areas that are unsafe around trees and where several holes were cut in a small area. The bite has been slow. Not worth the risk IMO.

Don't know about the refuge lakes but some sandhill lakes in the area have ice you can get on first thing in the morning however its a wet walk back by noon or earlier if the wind picks up.

We fished Davis Creek and some sand pits around Ord and Burwell over New Years. Davis Creek had 6-9" and the pits had over 12". Still should be safe ice thru that snow belt on the small bodies of water.

1Tigger, where in NY do you fish?

1TIGGER:
Sandbilly .
Around thr rochester area . tributaries of lake ontario  like braddocks bay some area lakes like conesus , silver lake and a lot or small local lakes too . Used to know a kid from Mullen john something .
he dated a girl my ex knew and he was going to a christian school in central city . Wish i could remember his last name but that was about 20 years ago . He drove a 65 ford pickup that had stacks on it for a while .At that time i liked in ST. PAUL and he stayed with me for a while . Cant remember for sure how far it would be for you but I hear box butte res has good ice  ... over by Alliance  and brideport pits too .
 GOOD LUCK & LET US KNOW HOW YOU DO .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version