The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: magog  (Read 2393 times)

Offline fishandbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
magog
« on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:59 AM »
Anybody going to try to venture out on it this weekend? Is there still good ice? Do I need to bring my water wings?

Offline Leafmountain10

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: magog
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11, 2008, 09:30 AM »
I canceled our trip up for tomorrow.  There has to be a ton of water on the ice and the edges?  We've called Wrights in the past to get a report but they have been off with the ice conditions.  Fishing just after Christmas they said that the ice was sketchy when we found over 8" wherever we popped a hole?  Would like to hear back if someone fishes this weekend.

Thanks!

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 11, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Im a virgin to Magog but cant wait to get up there. The pictures and the post that people put in here, man I cant wait. This one guy I know tells me the perch up there will put the lake perch to shame. And I love to fish tip-up.......jim s

Offline Leafmountain10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2008, 08:40 PM »
Jim-The only other lake that I've caught monster yellow perch in besides Magog is Carmi.  Try putting some smelt just off bottom and you have a good chance of catching a perch that could be close to 15".  Hope your first trip there is a memorable one!
KP

Offline rboot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2008, 06:10 AM »
I've caught perch all around this state, still the biggest most consistant catch has come out of Lake Morey.
<br />Ice Fish Vermont

Offline Smada_Evad

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish Therfore I am
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2008, 07:48 AM »
I canceled our trip up for tomorrow.  There has to be a ton of water on the ice and the edges?  We've called Wrights in the past to get a report but they have been off with the ice conditions.  Fishing just after Christmas they said that the ice was sketchy when we found over 8" wherever we popped a hole?  Would like to hear back if someone fishes this weekend.

Thanks!

Fished Southbay this weekend...plenty of ice 8+ inches all around.  Did pretty well, 5lb northern 3.5 lb pickerel, and a handful of nice perch over 12 inches.  it was a bit windy on saturday but it was still good.
DA

Tight Lines and Full Buckets

Offline whitetail05401

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2008, 08:21 AM »
what does the top of the ice look like? There is 8 inches all over....jim s

Offline Smada_Evad

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish Therfore I am
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2008, 09:24 AM »
it was 4 inches of black/clear and then soft/white ice on top. I felt comfortable everywhere i walked, just wish i hadn't forgot my creepers! I covered a good portion of the eastern shore near the grain building

DA

Tight Lines and Full Buckets

Offline Leafmountain10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2008, 02:23 PM »
Thanks for the update from Magog.  I'm gonna be up there in the next week or so to hit the perch and salmon.  Looks like some colder weather coming down the pike to help with the ice thickness.  Do you know if anyone was out on the big lake?  Thanks for the info!

Offline vticefisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • people think im crazy getting up at 4AM to fish
« Reply #9 on: Jan 16, 2008, 09:10 PM »
id have to agree with rboot.  lake morey does have some diesel perch.
get out there and fish...or hunt

Offline fishandbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2008, 10:48 AM »
Any word on the ice conditions on the big lake? Anybody else going to try to get out there this weekend?

Offline hizzy19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2008, 11:28 AM »
I will likely fish there Saturday along the West shore somewhere.... Sunday I will probably stay home to avoid freezing my nuts off....

Offline fishandbeer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 17, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Hizzy, I take it you feel there is ample ice there to fish this weekend. Do you know if people are getting on over by the twins. Are you perch jigging or tipup fishing? Good luck to you either way.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.