Author Topic: portable lightweight chair  (Read 9014 times)

Offline phishnphool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
portable lightweight chair
« on: Oct 28, 2002, 04:53 AM »
im n need of a portable lightweight folding chair for icefishing,im on the move a lot so i need somthing that is very light and sturdy,can't sit on buckets it kills my back,when not n my trap i need somthing i can easily carry with me,                         help

DAVES52380

Re: portable lightweight chair
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2002, 10:06 AM »
I WAS AT BASS PRO RECENTLY AND THEY HAVE THIS PORTABLE SEAT.  I THINK IT IS CALLED SPORTSMANS DELUXE, IM NOT SURE WHO MAKES IT.  IT'S $35-40 HAS A FOLD DOWN BACK REST, FLIP UP SEAT WITH I THINK IS AN 18 QUART COOLER INSIDE, CUSIONED SWIVEL SEAT AND COMES IN REALTREE HARDWOODS OR MOSSY OAK. IT IS LIGHT WEIGHT AND VERY COMFORTABLE.  I DEFINITLY GOTTA GET MINE BEFORE SEASON STARTS.

Offline phishnphool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 29, 2002, 05:01 AM »
thanks for the imfo but im looking for a small lightweight folding chair only,i am a jig only fisherman and is on the go a lot chasing them crappies,i had a good lightweight chair a couple of years ago from dick's sporting goods but they have not carried them n a while,im n albany ny. and there is not much to choose from around here

Offline phishnphool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 29, 2002, 05:03 AM »
that's was suppose to b dick's sporting goods

Offline tommyboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Oct 29, 2002, 03:43 PM »
Hey phool,

A buddy of mine just got a folding chair from cabela's.  It comes with a bag with a strap so you can throw it over your back while your runnin' and gunnin' for crappies.  I have seen these chairs before, but they were all pretty chinsey.  The one he got from cabelas felt real sturdy to me, and I weigh about 230.  I gotta agree with you, phool, sittin' on a bucket for hours on end gets old pretty fast!  this chair is definitely a step up.  hope tis helps

crawler

« Reply #5 on: Oct 29, 2002, 07:29 PM »
10 BUCKS AT WALLY WORLD FOLDIN CHAIR IN A BAG  MINES BEEN THE BEACHES OF fLORIDA TO THE ICE OF NORTHERN MAINE

vincent temple

« Reply #6 on: Oct 30, 2002, 04:50 AM »
thanks tommyboy and crawler for the imfo,i will ckeck over cabelas again,is there a web address for wally world,if not i will keep on the lookout for this chair,i have a bad back and a good lightweight folding chair make a big difference when u r on the ice for 12 or more hrs.    (dicks sporting goods is what i tried to type before not thingy's)

Offline phishnphool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Oct 30, 2002, 04:56 AM »
sorry i didn't mean to post my name up there but u just have to excuse me im just a phool fo phishn

wally233

« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2002, 06:16 AM »
I use one of those seats that you see in camping books. The ones that look like just a seat and a back. Just sit it on the bucket or the ice and lean back.

Offline phishnphool

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 03, 2002, 04:42 AM »
i have purchase a great chair from PETERSON-OUTDOORS,its small lightweight and folds and has three legs,this is not some little cheap chair,comes n its own case and can be used n the summer too-great chair! :)

Eric

« Reply #10 on: Dec 03, 2002, 06:31 AM »
what are the stars for? secret store??

Jode403

« Reply #11 on: Dec 03, 2002, 06:41 AM »
A couple years back (3 or so), I bought a chair from Gander Mountain that I love for hunting and for ice fishing.  It folds up, and it has a strap attached so you can throw it over your shoulder. It also has a back. Underneath the seat it also has an attached bag with  a zipper to hold your gear.  It folds up small and is very sturdy.  When I went deer hunting this year, I fit 2 boxes of slugs, my GPS, knife, gutting gloves, hand warmers, grunt tube, radio, sandwich, chips, cookies, soda, headlamp, etc all into the bag at once.  I don't pack much in it when ice fishing just because all my gear sits in my portable shanty.  I would recommend this if they still sell them.  It cost me about $22.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 03, 2002, 06:47 AM »
I have pretty much the same chair. I paid a little less at Fleet Farm. I have seen a few versions with different logos and with and without a back.

I also use mine in the deer stand.

Offline crappie_attitude

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Gotta' have more cowbell
« Reply #13 on: Dec 03, 2002, 08:30 AM »
Cabelas has some good ones..they are very durable and super comfy....even has a deep cupholder for beer ;D or to stick your forceps and a container of waxworms in...no more digging in your pockets with frozen fingers!

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Dec 04, 2002, 06:05 AM »
Ya, just go to Wal-Mart and pick up a cheap lawn chair. They come with coolers, cup holders, foot rests, pretty much anything now.

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 04, 2002, 07:23 AM »
Lawn chairs can work but they can be a little bulky and they have a large footprint in a cramped shack. They are generally very light weight though.

Offline RyGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • 2005 Ice Shanty Tournament Winner - LargemouthBass
« Reply #16 on: Dec 30, 2002, 08:39 AM »
I hit Wally's and scored the best chair yet.  It will work on ice or with a drink on ice.

$8 for the thing, I put a better strap on it so I can sling it over my back.

Here's the chair on the net

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=4128&dept=4125&product_id=1641579&path=0%3A4125%3A4128%3A4130%3A5138
And the winner is>>>>

RyGuy

Offline Smelt1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Run with the big dawgs,or stay on the porch!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 01, 2003, 03:13 PM »
I bought a heavy canvas fold up chair that goes in a bag at wally world.It was made by shakespear weighs 5lb. and holds my 260lb. frame with no sag at all.It also has cup holders built in as well as a cargo net on the back for whatever.It was $12 and has a heavy aluminum frame for us heavy framed ice fisherman. :)
Bubba  

AdkGuidesForHire

« Reply #18 on: Jan 02, 2003, 05:10 PM »
I like the bucket idea, but we also use folding stools for people to take break on. They are at most retail stores like Walmart etc, and go for under $10.

personally I don't much get to sit around when fishing!
and that is a good thing I guess. :)

Offline BUSCHLITE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Jan 02, 2003, 05:18 PM »
I use a 18 pack of Bud light stood on end. Works really good!!
When your butt starts to get wet and cold its time to go in the shack and take a nap.

AdkGuidesForHire

« Reply #20 on: Jan 02, 2003, 05:46 PM »
I'm thinking a keg would work better. no?

Offline BUSCHLITE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Jan 02, 2003, 05:57 PM »
Yeah, I have try that too, but I usually run out of bait before the beer is gone. You know fish don't bite on a bare hook. "RIGHT"

AdkGuidesForHire

« Reply #22 on: Jan 02, 2003, 08:22 PM »
hook?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.