The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Anyplace besides lyman's  (Read 876 times)

Offline thefishfeeder

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyplace besides lyman's
« on: Feb 13, 2018, 11:45 AM »
Any places besides lymans that will haul you and equipment out on Houghton lake? With 8 to 15in snow, just ain't got the legs anymore to pull my flip up out in deep snow. Or are there areas that are a little sheltered with not as much snow?

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
Re: Anyplace besides lyman's
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2018, 05:01 AM »
When the snow gets too deep for me on Houghton, I head too Higgins. The snow is always beat down on the west and north parking areas.
Make sure you have a parking permit.
I will say I haven't been up there yet this season.
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2018, 07:17 AM »
Any places besides lymans that will haul you and equipment out on Houghton lake? With 8 to 15in snow, just ain't got the legs anymore to pull my flip up out in deep snow. Or are there areas that are a little sheltered with not as much snow?

We have had 2 days and one night well above freezing here. I would guess the snow made a lot of slush. I was in town Wed and there were a couple of cars out along the south side of the lake. If you are on facebook go to the Houghton Lake site and ask

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2018, 04:48 PM »
When the snow gets too deep for me on Houghton, I head too Higgins. The snow is always beat down on the west and north parking areas.
Make sure you have a parking permit.
I will say I haven't been up there yet this season.

Avoid the north state park this weekend as there is a winter fest going on there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.