Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1684971 times)

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #5820 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:37 AM »
Franks Great Outdoors has Striker Trekker bibs for $99.  Anyone have these bibs?  How do they size.  I am 5 ft 6" 170lbs.  I see conflicting sizes recommendations, not many reviews online.

https://www.franksgreatoutdoors.com/striker-ice-trekker-bib-black-c-strkr-21300

Great deal, now which one is better these, or the Eskimo clearance?

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5821 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:41 AM »

Eskimo was a jacket and not bibs?

Great deal, now which one is better these, or the Eskimo clearance?
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5822 on: Nov 10, 2019, 06:53 AM »
Eskimo was a jacket and not bibs?

Runnings has the bibs at $109, after talking to the manager at the local store, they found me a pair, but now I wonder about these striker ones

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5823 on: Nov 10, 2019, 07:09 AM »
Runnings has the bibs at $109, after talking to the manager at the local store, they found me a pair, but now I wonder about these striker ones

I looked into these when I bought mine. The specs on material, insulation, everything is the same between the Lockout and the Trekker. Only difference is the layout of the pockets, and the color/style. I only went with the Lockout because I got a great deal at the time.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5824 on: Nov 10, 2019, 07:36 AM »

Did you try them on?

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5825 on: Nov 10, 2019, 08:20 AM »
Did you try them on?

Not yet, might return them and get the trekker...?

Offline defish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5826 on: Nov 10, 2019, 08:25 AM »
Not sure why but when I clicked on the link my anti-virus said it was a dangerous site. I didn't open it. I know Frank's is a reputable business but...🤔

Franks site is fine.

A new member posted that link.  There was another link that led to a virus warning/trap a couple of weeks ago. Our admin may need to put in place a minimum number of posts before someone can post a link to keep this stuff off our site.

Offline piersm2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5827 on: Nov 10, 2019, 09:02 AM »
Still waiting for those smaller presidents to go on sale....
Minnesconsin born and raised

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #5828 on: Nov 10, 2019, 09:39 AM »
Franks site is fine.

A new member posted that link.  There was another link that led to a virus warning/trap a couple of weeks ago. Our admin may need to put in place a minimum number of posts before someone can post a link to keep this stuff off our site.

Thanks
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline hookitNcookit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5829 on: Nov 10, 2019, 12:44 PM »
I purchased the lockout jacket from marine general, I might as well get the bibs from runnings to match. I have never heard of runnings, are they reputable? I guess if I trusted marine general I shouldnt have a problem trusting these guys! Just wondering who has dealt with runnings, thanks
"It aint how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward."

Offline MinnesotaPike

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5830 on: Nov 10, 2019, 01:12 PM »
I purchased the lockout jacket from marine general, I might as well get the bibs from runnings to match. I have never heard of runnings, are they reputable? I guess if I trusted marine general I shouldnt have a problem trusting these guys! Just wondering who has dealt with runnings, thanks
Its a legit brick and mortar chain, should be zero issues.

Offline Mcmich

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5831 on: Nov 10, 2019, 01:49 PM »
Yes, Franks is legit, big, popular store.  No SOB here, LOL.

I just bought the Trekkers at Franks.  Went to Cabelas this morning.  They had the Trekkers for $179 but not my size.  Nice looking bibs.  I tried on a large Strykker Climate.  Too big for me at 5 foot 6 170ish.  Went Medium on the Trekkers.

Off topic here but I also stopped at Gander Mountains.  80% off clearance.  The have boat bimini tops for $1.60, yes $1.60, for a $95 dollar cover.  The material alone is worth that.  Picked up three, can always use them to cover patio stuff.  Be careful looking at prices, not all are that cheap.  They have red ones that exactly match the Eskimo red.  I am going to use it for my Eskimo flip cover.  They have zippered pocket along the edge that draw string rope can go through (normally the poles would go through).  I have not tried the fit yet but for the price who cares.  Also bought a refillable 1lb propane kit that has the adaptor to fill from a bigger tank, $14 bucks. 

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5832 on: Nov 11, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Yes, Franks is legit, big, popular store.  No SOB here, LOL.

I just bought the Trekkers at Franks.  Went to Cabelas this morning.  They had the Trekkers for $179 but not my size.  Nice looking bibs.  I tried on a large Strykker Climate.  Too big for me at 5 foot 6 170ish.  Went Medium on the Trekkers.

Off topic here but I also stopped at Gander Mountains.  80% off clearance.  The have boat bimini tops for $1.60, yes $1.60, for a $95 dollar cover.  The material alone is worth that.  Picked up three, can always use them to cover patio stuff.  Be careful looking at prices, not all are that cheap.  They have red ones that exactly match the Eskimo red.  I am going to use it for my Eskimo flip cover.  They have zippered pocket along the edge that draw string rope can go through (normally the poles would go through).  I have not tried the fit yet but for the price who cares.  Also bought a refillable 1lb propane kit that has the adaptor to fill from a bigger tank, $14 bucks.

Which Gander?

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5833 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:17 AM »
 Tm37, Gander Outdoors is closing a number of it's stores that do not have the space to display and service RV's/motor homes. I assume the one Mcmich visited will be closing soon the Gander in my area is closing (Kingston,NY.) . I was there back in September when items were 40% off the store had a limited selection of merchandise.
  Steve

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5834 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:32 AM »
Cabela's is at 12% cashback through Active Junky today......do not PM me! ;D

Wish there was a place to price match the Strikemaster Lite Flite to today to make this extra special deal.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5835 on: Nov 11, 2019, 08:49 AM »
20% off at KTP
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5836 on: Nov 11, 2019, 09:44 AM »
In addition to the 12% cashback, veterans also get 10% off at cabelas today, up from the usual 5%.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5837 on: Nov 11, 2019, 10:22 AM »
Lots of 11% off codes out there ..most of the tool/factory outlets have them ..if your in the market for your auger drills now may be the time .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5838 on: Nov 11, 2019, 04:05 PM »
FF has the round frabill tip ups going for 12 bucks

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5839 on: Nov 11, 2019, 06:54 PM »

Offline tm37

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5840 on: Nov 11, 2019, 07:18 PM »
Tm37, Gander Outdoors is closing a number of it's stores that do not have the space to display and service RV's/motor homes. I assume the one Mcmich visited will be closing soon the Gander in my area is closing (Kingston,NY.) . I was there back in September when items were 40% off the store had a limited selection of merchandise.
  Steve

Ours in Eden Prarie MN is closing but they have every thing at 40% except Ice fishing which is 10% off

Employees state they expect to be open through the end of they year at least

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #5841 on: Nov 11, 2019, 10:40 PM »
Ours in Eden Prarie MN is closing but they have every thing at 40% except Ice fishing which is 10% off

Employees state they expect to be open through the end of they year at least

Things maybe similar at the Gander store I mentioned have not been there since my September visit.
 Steve

Offline mtnfisher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5842 on: Nov 12, 2019, 06:46 AM »
$10 off Pflueger President reels ...  $39.99 for the 6920X.
https://www.sportsmans.com/fishing-gear-supplies/fishing-reels/spinning-reels/pflueger-president-spinning-reel/p/p1360285

Most of their sales are in-store only clearances. Which these are.

Offline schie03

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5843 on: Nov 12, 2019, 08:49 AM »
FF has the round frabill tip ups going for 12 bucks

Must be in store?  Went online and a ton of their stuff says coming soon and doesn't have a price.

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5844 on: Nov 12, 2019, 07:49 PM »

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline ndsumiller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5846 on: Nov 13, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Amazon has the Sienna 500FD for $22.49 if anyone is looking.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #5847 on: Nov 13, 2019, 08:35 AM »
Amazon has the Sienna 500FD for $22.49 if anyone is looking.
decent deal.i grabbed a few.

Offline Garrett

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5848 on: Nov 13, 2019, 10:37 AM »
Milwaukee 12aH battery and 8aH battery - $200 for both
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-High-Output-12-0Ah-Battery-Pack-with-Free-HIGH-OUTPUT-XC-8-0-Ah-Battery-48-11-1812-48-11-1880/310836896

That's a smoking good deal, very tempting to upgrade my drill battery setup with this!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5849 on: Nov 14, 2019, 05:56 AM »
Did you try them on?

I got the bibs last night, on a store to store order. Runnings was super nice about it and ordered them in for me. Unfortunately after I tried them on, xl is way too large. Not sure how that works as the jacket xl fits me just right....so I will have to return them. I'll see if I can try the trekker bibs on and if Frank's still has them on sale I might get those....would like to have the float assistance, not that I want to fall through....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.