IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Underwater camera???

<< < (2/4) > >>

icefish1960:
I used to fish with a older marcum camera, a 625 vs model I think it was, it was neat watching the fish come in but I think it spooked most fish. I switched to a flasher a couple of years ago and caught many more fish with it. I bought a marcum recon 5 two years ago, much smaller and lighter to carry around. I just use it to see whats below me, looking for green weeds, transition areas, rocks or drop offs. If I were buying a new one I would get the recon 5 plus, it has a direction mode so you know which way your camera is pointed.

Picking perch:
I was wondering about that. I use a vex flasher now. Was thinking of trying a camera.

Fishtrekker:
Why not go with the Aqua-vu HD10-i, the battery only lasts 2.5 hours. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

In all seriousness though, it all depends on how you are fishing. I would give a serious look at the more smaller more portable camera's. You have the ability to mount them anywhere you want. Like stated above, a panner will make your life much much easier, add that to your list. If you are going to be stationary for most of the day and not going to do any running and gunning, I would look at one of MarCum's biggers camera's. The new Mission SD or Quest HD

kayl:
One advantage of the Aqua Vu Micro Revolution 5 is that you can charge it from a USB power bank. I can't speak for the Marcum cameras, but I like the fact that I can bring an extra 10000mah battery on the ice with me and be set if I want to use the camera all day. I wouldn't bother buying a Panner if I were you; there are lots of DIY ones that are very usable.

Light liner:
Vex is nice wifi to your phone. I like mine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version