Author Topic: WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD FISH GONE  (Read 3588 times)

Offline RAPALA

• IceShanty Rookie
WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD FISH GONE
« on: Feb 02, 2006, 01:04 PM »
ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE WALLEYE OR JUMBO PERCH OR EVEN FISH FOR THAT MATTER. SOME HELP
WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATE.

Offline t-tot

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD FISH GONE
« Reply #1 on: Feb 02, 2006, 01:07 PM »
In the lake. DA!

Offline JIG MASTER77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 02, 2006, 01:19 PM »
WHY NOT TRY IN WASCANA LAKE I HEARD THEY STOCKED IT ? HAHAHA!!!!!

Offline JIG MASTER77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 02, 2006, 01:21 PM »
In the lake. DA!
HEY T-TOT HAVE U BEEN OUT AND CATCHING ANYTHING IF SO WHERE ?

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 02, 2006, 04:43 PM »
Only Broderick resevior seems to have some fish in it.  Turtle Lake is also having good reports come in. 
fishing - It's a religion, not a sport.

Offline t-tot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 02, 2006, 09:14 PM »
Was on Katepawa on Sat did alright, steady action.

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 02, 2006, 09:16 PM »
ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO FIND THE WALLEYE OR JUMBO PERCH OR EVEN FISH FOR THAT MATTER. SOME HELP
WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATE.

They all moved to Alberta like eveyone else.  :pinch:

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 06, 2006, 10:44 PM »
hey there rapala my main jigga. you follow LUNKERONZ and he'll provide you with the finest location.......it's just up to you to reel em' in. heard you caucht a nice pansize wally on yer birthday.....who took you to that sweet spot......wasn't at the "dead sea" was it.doubt it........lol. ah-well at least we seen em!
Jig on!

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 07, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Where is the dead sea?

wallman

« Reply #9 on: Feb 07, 2006, 10:11 PM »
I think it is time for the Sask. Gov. to revue it's limits on all it's lakes. Too many people still stuck on 'I CUGHT MY LIMIT TODAY' . Lakes that were hot not long ago are in poor condition.BRING IN C.N.R or stop NETTING

Offline NoLimitSoldier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 08, 2006, 01:18 AM »
I think it is time for the Sask. Gov. to revue it's limits on all it's lakes. Too many people still stuck on 'I CUGHT MY LIMIT TODAY' . Lakes that were hot not long ago are in poor condition.BRING IN C.N.R or stop NETTING
I couldn't agree more. Any lake within 100km. from a major city cannot handle the fishing pressure. Even a big lake like Last Mountain can't handle the pressure of hundreds of people keeping their limit everyday. Do the math. Then factor in lower water quality and less fish habitat with increased human activity and presto, you get a lake the size of a small sea with the fish population of a small pond! And I swear, if I see one more person throw a Pike or Dogfish on the ice or shore to rot as garbage, I'm throwing the idiot in the lake to make up for the loss!
Any tosser can catch a little, sissyfin Walleye.
 Walleye suck, and Perch suck-off Walleye.
 I only fish for monster Pike, the kind that scare you right off the Walleye trail!

Offline friendly fishing

• IceShanty Rookie
  • keeping the fish on the line
« Reply #11 on: Feb 08, 2006, 09:44 AM »
report people who throw fish away on the ice I'll guarantee they will think twice once the fine is levied and their equipment confiscated for fishing violations

Offline JIG MASTER77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Feb 08, 2006, 10:07 AM »
hey there rapala my main jigga. you follow LUNKERONZ and he'll provide you with the finest location.......it's just up to you to reel em' in. heard you caucht a nice pansize wally on yer birthday.....who took you to that sweet spot......wasn't at the "dead sea" was it.doubt it........lol. ah-well at least we seen em!
AS IF YOU WISH THERE ONZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ GO TO THE FORT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flex:

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:05 AM »
Where is the dead sea?

these ol fisherman(jigmaster77) that like to fish slews(echo, mission etc.) can no longer say the words "last mountain lake" because the gunk(algae and other foriegn local garbage) that has been consumed by the fish their catching and eating has impaired the speech patterns in the soul.......therefore they have turned their backs and given up on the true meaning of fishing. they have forgotten all aspects of the hunt and expect that 10 holes should locate a full limit day.personally....i believe that one should take a logical approach to locating these fish holes and not run to the nearest slew because you can "limit out" every time.....that is just leading to an over fished garbage dump.if you are a true fisherman.........then go and put your equipment and skillz to work at the mother of all local walleye lakes ......LAST MOUNTAIN LAKE........or to those that show weakness.......the dead sea.lol.
Jig on!

Offline JIG MASTER77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:15 AM »
these ol fisherman(jigmaster77) that like to fish slews(echo, mission etc.) can no longer say the words "last mountain lake" because the gunk(algae and other foriegn local garbage) that has been consumed by the fish their catching and eating has impaired the speech patterns in the soul.......therefore they have turned their backs and given up on the true meaning of fishing. they have forgotten all aspects of the hunt and expect that 10 holes should locate a full limit day.personally....i believe that one should take a logical approach to locating these fish holes and not run to the nearest slew because you can "limit out" every time.....that is just leading to an over fished garbage dump.if you are a true fisherman.........then go and put your equipment and skillz to work at the mother of all local walleye lakes ......LAST MOUNTAIN LAKE........or to those that show weakness.......the dead sea.lol.
is thhhhhhhhhhhhhat right ? this is coming from a man who drills few holes and sits in one spot allllllllllllllllll day and only catches 1 or maybe 2 fish. you can talk the talk but can't walk the walk onzzzzzzzzzzzz haha!! drill more holes move around.

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #15 on: Feb 08, 2006, 11:18 AM »
 :P
Jig on!

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #16 on: Feb 08, 2006, 12:09 PM »
Dead Sea so clean,eh?  Wasn't that where dogs were dying from drinking the water a few years back?  And I can sure bet you aren't catching 50 fish a day, not counting tulibees.  Yes they may be sloughs to some, but when it comes to the bite, the dead sea is just that.
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline fishnut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Feb 08, 2006, 05:46 PM »
Netting should be illegal - anywhere in Sask.  I heard from somebody a few days ago that Deschambalt lake is being netted every summer and is now in serious decline.  Only a few years ago, that was an excellent lake for fishing.  Who nets anyways, and why do they do it?  That's my question.

Offline Spicoli

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #19 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:31 PM »
They would be commercial fishing nets.

Offline Kyle_

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #20 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:59 PM »
They all moved to Alberta like eveyone else.  :pinch: