Author Topic: anybody use the garmin stryker 4  (Read 9614 times)

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: anybody use the garmin stryker 4
« Reply #60 on: Feb 03, 2019, 07:01 PM »
Yes, I appreciate the info here made my decision to buy a lot easier. I did a lot of research on that and the showdown, the one nfo here made me choose the Garmin.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:06 PM »
Yes, I appreciate the info here made my decision to buy a lot easier. I did a lot of research on that and the showdown, the one nfo here made me choose the Garmin.
...I got mine faster because I'm a whole lot closer to them than you are let us know how you like when you use it..to me it's fantastic I live the split screen.andnits awesome to the fish charge your jig

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 03, 2019, 11:25 PM »
I will, be here tomorrow, so that'll give me a few days to figure it out, then on the ice Saturday with it.

Offline Woodyvtwin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing is Life!
« Reply #63 on: Feb 06, 2019, 04:25 PM »
Well, did you guys get your new machines? Are you happy? Is the weather cooperating where you are? Did I mention that striker is waterproof?
Have fun, catch fish.          :icefish: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:
Fishing is like a pizza, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Feb 06, 2019, 05:53 PM »
Got mine yesterday, put it together last night, I'm very impressed with everything it does and ease of use, can't wait to get it on the ice.

Offline Woodyvtwin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing is Life!
« Reply #65 on: Feb 06, 2019, 07:50 PM »
:thumbsup:
Fishing is like a pizza, even when it's bad, it's still pretty good!

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 06, 2019, 07:51 PM »
I'll try it out Saturday, hitting a derby and gonna give it to my boy, so it should be a fun day.

Offline barrelburner

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 08, 2019, 06:20 AM »
Used my striker 4 for 2 seasons now and love it.   Features and versitility are awesome. Like having the flasher if needed but don't use it.  I use traditional graph with the A-scope.  Love this feature.  For me, can't speak for everybody but  A-scope =fish. Once you get comfortable and use the unit,  don't think there is a better deal out there.

Offline big_guy_13021

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:18 PM »
I love my striker 4 it's slot better than my flasher shows so much more ..my favorite is the split screen

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 11, 2019, 06:38 PM »
They seem like a great unit, the boy used his Saturday, played with all the screens on it, was really impressed with all that it can do, he said he liked the split screen too.

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:29 PM »
i pick up a lot of interference from other sonars/flashers while on the ice. anyone else experience this and have a way to cure it?

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 14, 2019, 07:33 PM »
Noise reduction setting, I played with ours and got rid of most of it from my marcum.,

Offline johnb340

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 16, 2019, 07:15 PM »
I also picked up a Garmin Striker 4 and added the ice ducer.  I used it tonight for the first time and it's impressive; now my son can use my showdown and we won't be fighting over sonar.   The settings were easy to dial in and if anybody is having problems with the ice ducer setup I can share how I ran it.  It worked great on both flasher mode and traditional with A-scope.  I was worried the screen was going to be too small but it was easy to see.  This should work well in my kayak too.

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 16, 2019, 07:43 PM »
Congratulations John . Yes , they do work well in kayaks . That's the double duty mine serves also .

Offline iamthelevel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Feb 23, 2019, 12:18 PM »
X 2 . I never learned to use a flasher . In graph mode you can see your lure/bait and fish checking it out . I use dual frequency so I don't miss anything .

Second this. I run the 200 to see best where my jig is and 77 to locate the fish. Definitely turn the cartoon fish off, especially when there are two or more lines in, to reduce clutter. We run three holes with the transducer in one, jigging the others and can pick up all that we need to see.

Offline SteveTheChimneySweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #75 on: Mar 16, 2019, 08:53 PM »
Hi Guy's, new guy here.  I just ordered a striker 4 +cv, had some cabela's cards and points to use.  I realize the season is almost over here in MA but still wanted to get to play with it.  I haven't ordered the ice kit yet, so i will need a battery.  Can I use one of my M18 battery's to power this?, and if so is there any thing special i should know?

Thanks
Steve

Offline 4x4Dad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Mar 17, 2019, 08:44 AM »
I assume the M18 is your drill battery ? If you can hook it up properly , I can't see why it wouldn't work . But if it's more than 12 volts , I'd be cautious . A small 12 volt rechargable is only $20-30 , and they last 12-16 hours . I used a small Coleman cooler $10.00 to mount my Garmin and the whole setup fits in the cooler when transporting . If it's really cold , I place a chemical hand warmer over the battery to make it last longer . Works very well . Good luck and tight lines to you .

Offline SteveTheChimneySweep

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Mar 17, 2019, 01:01 PM »
Yes i was talking about a drill battery, but i just found a good deal on the small ice kit and picked that up.

Thanks
Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.