The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: I can't stand it anymore I need ICE  (Read 3057 times)

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
I can't stand it anymore I need ICE
« on: Aug 28, 2007, 05:47 PM »
Drove past Boysen again this weekend.  I can't wait for that bugger to get solid.  I've got some sweet GPS locations from walleye fishing this last summer and all I can think about is dragging the shanty over and hangin a hook in a hog. 

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Need larger flamethrower, you will...!"
Re: I can't stand it anymore I need ICE
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2007, 10:24 PM »
     Dang Moot, I thought I was the only one thinkin' about ice fishing  :tipup:  then I says to myself, lemme go check the site and there you are brudder!  ;D Do we have it bad or what! Wifie and I were up at Big Sandy this wkd. We hiked in and fished Boulter Lake. On the way in (10  mile hike-round trip) I told her it would be her day. Buddy, she waxed me, biggest and most of the 25 cutthroats we caught, I mean, I know that biggest one had to be pushing 3 pounds and lucky fer me she's a hookem and cookem girl. Oh, man were they good  :woot: Anyway, I'm gonna tag a shot of her biggest onto this (if I can recall just how) Oh yeah, this was good, she wore me out taking 'em off her line  :bow: then after lunch she walked back down and caught three of them in four casts. "You're killing me," I said, "...don't you know you're not supposed to put multiple coats of wax on yer man?" Hmmmm...Several friends call her the..."Fishing Goddess" (and yes, that is a little Beretta Tomcat on her hip!)
         :roflmao:     Laters brudder, laters,

her Fiddlers Lake monster brookie ...them scrawny rainbows are mine...and hers..some...well, one is.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2007, 10:47 AM »
     Dang Moot, I thought I was the only one thinkin' about ice fishing  :tipup:  then I says to myself, lemme go check the site and there you are brudder!  ;D Do we have it bad or what! Wifie and I were up at Big Sandy this wkd. We hiked in and fished Boulter Lake. On the way in (10  mile hike-round trip) I told her it would be her day. Buddy, she waxed me, biggest and most of the 25 cutthroats we caught, I mean, I know that biggest one had to be pushing 3 pounds and lucky fer me she's a hookem and cookem girl. Oh, man were they good  :woot: Anyway, I'm gonna tag a shot of her biggest onto this (if I can recall just how) Oh yeah, this was good, she wore me out taking 'em off her line  :bow: then after lunch she walked back down and caught three of them in four casts. "You're killing me," I said, "...don't you know you're not supposed to put multiple coats of wax over yer man?" Hmmmm...known to some as the..."Fishing Goddess"
         :roflmao:     Laters brudder, laters,

(Image removed from quote.)

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2007, 12:41 PM »
Well that's kinda goofy, it gives me the block w/ "X" and you quote me and get my sunburned body!  :woot: Hey you gonna share them GPS cords w/the Dawg and me?
                                                    ICE (I wish!)

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2007, 06:49 PM »
hey we are all with you. Bring the ice!!

Offline doggbiter

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They call me Fish
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2007, 11:41 PM »
 Hey nice cut's!   
 Here is Dusty with the big fish for sunday, good thing we don't bet on the big fish for the day!
 I even managed to fall out of the boat! Completely sober if you can believe that :-\

5 YEAR ICE ADDICT
Busch-Light.......CANS
Blue-toppin.........and lip-rippin
DON'T GET NO BETTER!!

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2007, 09:16 AM »
Hey, Dogg, looks like the kid outfished you again, how'd you fall outta the boat bro? Netting his fish probably,   :woot:   hey, go to the PM and shoot me your address in Thermop, I have something to mail to you, laters bro!
                                                 Don  :tipup: (wishing)
ps Mooter has GPS cords on Boysen...and I...have a GPS! Now if we can get the man to share!  :roflmao:

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 01, 2007, 02:04 AM »
Moot I agree we need ice!

did you see that icemnster is gilling them poor trout my god the shame!!!!!! ::)
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline LT

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2007, 12:38 PM »
Naaah, not me brudder 4X4, I'm Canadian-converted  :roflmao: Whoops! Maybe I did...nope, that was m' Honey!  ;D
                                                ICENSNWMNSTR/LT

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Sep 01, 2007, 11:48 PM »
 ;D I just could not resist myself but them are some good looking fish

dog that's a helk of a good start on a fishing partner too.... I do feel for you falling out of the boat, 3 years ago (first time in my life) I went off the boat and no one seen me until my 3 year old niece told her dad she want to go swiming like uncle mack!!!!!!! Then the horse laugh began. not drunk but when we got back to shore the bud did flow!!!!!!! :blink:
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2007, 03:18 PM »
gonna be a while mooter..I feel your pain though..I'm expecting my new marcum LX-5 today..Once I get it I'm going to build a new ice fishing sled. Should occupy a little time. You ever fish tongue river res.. Maybe we should hook up and go this winter. I'll hold down some 12 ozers with the best of em..

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Sep 25, 2007, 03:35 PM »
gonna be a while mooter..I feel your pain though..I'm expecting my new marcum LX-5 today..Once I get it I'm going to build a new ice fishing sled. Should occupy a little time. You ever fish tongue river res.. Maybe we should hook up and go this winter. I'll hold down some 12 ozers with the best of em..

tongue river isn't too bad I really haven't had all that much luck out there on hard water.  I fish the crap out of it in the spring and fall and catch some nice bass, crappie and greenbacks.  I guess I need to find someone with a little ice knowledge on it.  P.s. Do you bass fish??  The smallies are killer right now on the river and I'm lookin to go out Wed.

Offline IcenEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's A Friggin Record Breaker.
« Reply #12 on: Sep 25, 2007, 04:42 PM »
Mooter, Are ya using Minnows durring Ice? I have missed a few winters at the tounge but i used to limit every time on the crappie and perch.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Sep 25, 2007, 04:45 PM »
Mooter, Are ya using Minnows durring Ice? I have missed a few winters at the tounge but i used to limit every time on the crappie and perch.

Ya the guy that is running the Marina now wil meet you out at the lake if you call him on a Saturday morning.  Rattlesnake point from 7 to 10 am he said

Offline IcenEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Sep 25, 2007, 04:50 PM »
Thats cool, thanks for the info. I thought that Harden was the closest place to get them

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Sep 25, 2007, 04:53 PM »
Ya that darn bait transport law now.  I use to keep them in a aquarium in my basement.

Offline IcenEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Sep 25, 2007, 04:55 PM »
I did the same thing.

Offline rodrunner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Sep 25, 2007, 08:58 PM »
I've hit the smallies pretty hard this summer in the boat..I like to fly fish for em.lots of fun catch'n em on poppers. I also throw some chartruse streamers.I'm yet to hook a big fish on my fly rod.I did get a 35 inch northern a month ago..Went out couple days ago and caught 3 four inch bluegill. Thats fish'n I guess. I've never fished the river,let me know how it is..  Later

[img]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee5/elkcrazedfrk/TeamWyoming1.jpg[img]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.