Author Topic: underwater camera lights  (Read 2228 times)

Offline waterwolfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • whoolNutBalls
underwater camera lights
« on: Jan 17, 2004, 08:32 PM »
Do they scare the fish away... it would seem like so but i just dont no.. Im-put from all

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:underwater camera lights
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2004, 09:03 PM »
     I would be inclined to believe just the opposite-they would tend to attract fish.
Which brings up another point-what about using them in areas where it is illegal to use a light to attract fish? Very interesting !! ???

Offline waterwolfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • whoolNutBalls
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2004, 07:10 PM »
Does anyone else have a say on this..... i really would like to know..thanks

Offline hamadog

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 21, 2004, 10:10 AM »
I have trouble seeing at night in the area we fish because of all the debris floating in the water. Every little micro organisim is magnified and clouds the view. Not reallly sure if it attracts the fish or deters them. I personally dont use the light at night or daytime.

Offline fshnbudy01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26, 2004, 07:51 AM »
I have had an Aquaview for over a year now.  It has the infrared lights on it (Green and red together).  I have determined that they are great for penetrating through the water...better than just white light.  But from what I have seen, the the fish tend to swim away from them.  Fish don't seem to care about the actual unit, but when the lights are turned on, it seems to spook em.  I use it to catch fish during the day, and to locate structure at night.  
"Quit lookin at my Marmooska."

Offline waterwolfed

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • whoolNutBalls
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2004, 02:17 PM »
yea lights not really needed during the day anyways

pryorok

« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2004, 03:50 PM »
I don't own one of the cameras, but have fished several times with a buddy of mine that has one.  The light doesn't seem to bother the fish and I would agree, I think it does more to attract them to scare them off.  The biggest problem is the stress of watching those big tight lip suckers come up to your bait, take a look and the swim off >:(.  Makes you humble!!! It is amazing how many fish take a look and never bite and you won't have a clue.  Sometimes it's best not knowing as you go home cuss'n the whole way.  

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 28, 2004, 07:04 AM »
We purchased an aqua-vu MC2X with MULTI COLORED light not the same as infrared. We took it out for some testing and sure enough every fish was scared by the lights GONE. So we did some looking on line and talked to 3 charter guys that used them and all 3 said the same thing, the multi lights are no good. If they don't spook the fish they reflect so much off stuff in the water that they are useless. We sent ours back, the XPS 60 is on sale now, it has infrared lights, temp, and shows the direction the cammera is pointing. It is the same price as the MC2X. I think it is the better unit.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.