Author Topic: Garmin Echomap 43cv  (Read 822 times)

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
Garmin Echomap 43cv
« on: Jan 24, 2021, 09:20 AM »
Is anyone else using the little 4” Echomap unit?  I was using a Striker 4 previously, but I really wanted maps on my sonar so I upgraded.  The screen is slightly larger, probably the same size as the Striker 4 plus.  I really like it so far. 

If I was on the fence between an Echomap 43cv or a Striker 5 plus cv, I’d go Echomap just for the maps.  They’re the same price.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Garmin Echomap 43cv
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2021, 09:33 AM »
I have the EchoMap 43cv ...it maps great . Its not my ice unit but my plan is to make up some PVC piping and map a frozen lake with the unit with a series of holes . You can add your maps to the Active Caption App ...once you upload your map ..Cant remember the complete process but its handy on your phone and wasnt too hard via the SD card and laptop..I believe you need to start with a Garmin account and everything goes through there .I used the Active Captain App the other day to fish and area ...that I mapped two summers ago . was able to find a lil contour line/point near the main basin .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline bigfoot86

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Garmin Echomap 43cv
« Reply #2 on: Jan 26, 2021, 08:23 AM »
I too own the echomap 43cv.  Not my main unit but I had it for my boat and ended up buying the conversion ice kit.  I like that you can create a map of some home lakes there's no maps for.  Nice compact unit, I like it.  All you need.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.