Author Topic: Am I asking too much?  (Read 2232 times)

Offline eplindstrom

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If this boat is rocking you have a serious problem
Am I asking too much?
« on: Oct 30, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Is it possible to buy 1 pair of boots that are waterproof or close enough for serious augering, warm enough for sitting for hours in the cold, won't get sweat soaked with a lot of walking, and are durable enough to last for years? I've heard people say waterproof is exactly right, they keep the water IN as well as out. So how do you buy boots for so many different purposes? I've already given up on them doubling as hunting boots!

Offline thesleddinfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Summer Sucks!
Re: Am I asking too much?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2012, 11:16 PM »
Irish Setter Rutmasters, these are 800 gram thinsulate, they also have 1200 gram. With a pair of wool socks my feet are never cold. Can't see how you could get water in them unless you drop your whole leg down a 10" hole. No slippage with the 1/2" thread(1/4" head, don't remember if size 10 or 8's) hex-head sheet metal screws.

http://hunt.irishsetterboots.com/irishsetter-shoe/4873-irish-setter/4873-irish-setter-mens-rutmaster-mossy-oak-break-up-camouflage
http://hunt.irishsetterboots.com/irishsetter-shoe/4874-irish-setter/4874-irish-setter-mens-rutmaster-realtree-ap-camouflage

There's my .02

Offline eplindstrom

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If this boat is rocking you have a serious problem
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2012, 03:01 PM »
I've considered putting some screws in boots but I know I'd forget and scratch up a nice floor and get in trouble!

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 05, 2012, 06:26 PM »
X2 on the Rutmasters. Had a day two years ago where I was standing in ice water for about 5 hours, needless to say the boots I was wearing were NOT waterproof. Later that day after my feet thawed I made a trip to a local store and picked up a pair of these. I dont know if they are the best boot of all time, but they are without a doubt the best thing that have been on my feet.  ;)

Offline wild4ak

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2012, 03:48 PM »
I have a pair of MUCK boots and love them. If my feet start getting too warm I just roll down the tops for a bit to let some air in when my feet cool off I just roll the tops back up. I fished in -30 with no shelter last year feet never got cold.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.