Author Topic: Affordable waterproof boot option  (Read 1222 times)

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
Affordable waterproof boot option
« on: Feb 26, 2012, 10:03 AM »
I just got an email from zappos.com asking me to review the boots I bought a year ago... figured it would do more good for me to review them here.  Kamik Ice Crushers have done very well for me and are totally waterproof.  They have them on zappos for $53 and free shipping.  I have these paired with a set of kahtoola microspikes and they are way better than any other ice fishing footwear setup I have tried.  They have a good amount of calf room and just enough room in the boot for me to wear 2 medium weight pairs of wool socks.  They only time my feet were cold was a 5 degree day in a popup with the wind coming under the bottom edge and blowing hard on my feet all day.  I have stood around in 5" of water for hours with no leaks.  The rubber is also holding up well and looks better than my 2 year old muck boots.  Since they are tall full-rubber boots you have to change your walking stride a little but I think that is probably true with any boots like this.  I'm not saying these are the best boots on the market but for the price I definitely recommend them. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.