Author Topic: Where to order some Live Bloodworms  (Read 2940 times)

Offline melikefishn

• IceShanty Rookie
Where to order some Live Bloodworms
« on: Dec 23, 2006, 04:57 PM »
I like  to  no   where  I  can  order  some   Live Bloodworms   now during  this  winter  season.
got  plenty wax worms  spikes    ect    but    ??? any  supplier  for  Bloodworms??   MLF..

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Where to order some Live Bloodworms
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2007, 07:32 PM »
Two Cent's Worth, Bloodworm's live in saltwater.  ??? What, are you really looking for?

Offline bhorn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:20 AM »
Bloodworms live in both saltwater and freshwater. They are not the same. I have never seen them for sale (freshwater) anywhere but in europe. Try a high end fish shop.

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:24 AM »
Fresh water blood worms are a cinch to tie by the dozen. The new generation of tying materials help make them very realistic.
Your right, they do live in fresh water as well, and hundreds of thousands can occupy a yard of mud on the lake bottom.
Good luck!

Offline jerknperch

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 16, 2007, 10:31 AM »
bloodworm is a term that is a little miss-leading.  They are actually a midge larva.  The best place to find them would be certain pet stores.  A lot of people use them to feed aquarium fish.  They sometime have them refrigerated, not live.  If you ask them though, they may be able to order you some.  I've been all around the midwest, and I have never seen them in a bait store.  I'm sure some bait stores have them, I've just never seen them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.