Author Topic: The ICEMAN is BACK!!!  (Read 13438 times)

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
The ICEMAN is BACK!!!
« on: Oct 01, 2006, 05:16 PM »
Back on board! Now just waiting for the water to freeze and the posts to start flowing!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline jimfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Set The HOOK!!
Re: The ICEMAN is BACK!!!
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2006, 12:00 PM »
Darn, I thought I would be the first to post for Il. I know there won't be many others. I'm not putting my boat away til Nov 15th, start on my honey doo list and then it should be Christmas and hopefully some safe ice this year.

See ya out there, Jim

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 04, 2006, 09:12 AM »
i'm waitin for the ice too. the only fishin i do now is for salmon and musky. other than that im sporting a shotgun more than anything right now. ducks and geese will do before im able to get the tip-ups back out.

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07, 2006, 03:25 PM »
Just been hitting the woods with the bow waiting to score on the ice again.  Though haven't done to badd in the woods, 2 does and the first week isn't done yet.
<br />

Offline iceturd

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Oct 08, 2006, 09:11 PM »
iceturd in da shanty! been wadin & catchin some nice smallies & a few sauger in the cricks around me, can,t wait til everyone (almost everyone) is whinin & crying bout the weather, then I will be smilin & drillin!!! hope its a cold one like they mite be predicting, midwest to east coast supposed to have below normal temps, can,t wait to hear the creepers hit first ice!   good luck to all & fish safe!

Offline bigbucky1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2006, 04:42 PM »
well with the temps getting the way they are saying it wont be long
<br />

Offline Heartland

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Enjoying The Great Outdoors in America's Heartland
« Reply #6 on: Oct 14, 2006, 09:08 AM »
Welcome back Iceman.
Which lakes do you plan to hit the hardest this season?

Offline pikemaster789

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Oct 14, 2006, 09:09 AM »
welcome back
                      The official Padwan Shirt of the MIRC    MIRC! iced out!

Offline valleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Oct 17, 2006, 10:52 AM »
The Iceman Cometh!!!!!!!!! :)

Hopefully the Ice Gods are smiling and we will have some consistent ice this year!  We can't wait!
'Carpe Diem' does not mean 'Fish of the Day'

Offline original_iceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm out of beer... I'm out of beer...
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2006, 07:45 AM »
From one ICEMAN to another...  :woot:  good luck in the following hard water season!!! 

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2006, 05:35 PM »
Hey original iceman--good to see that there's a fellow hardwater walker with excellent taste in Names(LOL)!
"If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite." --- William Blake

"There are things known and things unknown...in between are THE DOORS." --- Jim Morrison

Offline Iceman Cometh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Walker
« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Heartland, I mainly fish the local farm ponds in Yates City, Illinois--where I live. I have one honey hole (not my wife((LOL)), where the bass average 2-3lbs. and I've seen quite a few 4-5 pounders as well. I've caught many of these myself during the summer on ultralight equipment spooled with 4lb. test line. Biggest fish I ever "almost" landed was a 25lb. grass carp on the ultralight. Quite a fight! Took me forty minutes--only reason I couldn't land him was because each time I got him next to the boat i couldn't lift him--even though he was in 1ft. water off the side.
 The neat thing about my honey hole is the blugill average 8-10 inches.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.