Author Topic: clam tundra  (Read 2401 times)

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "EVERYDAY IS A HOLIDAY"
clam tundra
« on: Nov 25, 2013, 12:50 PM »
Considering buying a tundra but can not find one to look at in person. I was wondering if anyone on here has bought one or has seen one in person. I wondering if the benches have backs and if it seems to be pretty solid ofba flip over.
Thanks
Matt

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: clam tundra
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2013, 02:50 PM »
The picture I just looked at doesn't show it have backs on the seats. Maybe they don't! Just looks like they slide front to back.
<===Lefty===

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Well I saw the same picture but I talked to a guy at Reeds and Scheels and they both said they have backs to them. That is why I thought I would start this thread to see if there was an owner out there that could tell me for sure.
 Matt

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2013, 08:46 PM »
The Description says bench seats. A bench could be either with or without a backrest.
<===Lefty===

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:00 PM »
Wish I could call clam and ask them but for some reason I can not find a number for them. I ordered jigs from them 2 months ago and still waiting for them.

Offline DEADONDYLAN

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:32 PM »
call Cabelas in Hammond Indiana, they have them on the floor some did have backs but i don't recall which ones.

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 25, 2013, 09:39 PM »
Thanks will do!
Matt

quote author=DEADONDYLAN link=topic=263336.msg2708775#msg2708775 date=1385436760]
call Cabelas in Hammond Indiana, they have them on the floor some did have backs but i don't recall which ones.
[/quote]

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 26, 2013, 10:42 AM »
I talked to Clam this morning and confirmed they DO NOT have backrests on the seats.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Nov 26, 2013, 01:45 PM »
That is to bad I like a backrest once in a while to stretch out my back against. I have a bad back and just leaning against something sometimes helps. In the summer while fishing from shore it gets so bad I have to find a flat spot and lay down on the hard ground to make it feel better.
<===Lefty===

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2013, 11:22 AM »
the bench seats in the tundra are similar if not the same as the bench seat that comes in the Kenai. One thing people have done with the Kenai's is to remove the bench seat and replace it with a swivel seat from clam instead. if the hole spacing that holds the bench on is the same then you might be able to install two of the swivel seats in the tundra in place of the bench seats.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline 74redone

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2013, 11:38 AM »
My thoughts exactly. I'm trying to find one local so I don't have to pay $129.99 for shipping.
Matt

the bench seats in the tundra are similar if not the same as the bench seat that comes in the Kenai. One thing people have done with the Kenai's is to remove the bench seat and replace it with a swivel seat from clam instead. if the hole spacing that holds the bench on is the same then you might be able to install two of the swivel seats in the tundra in place of the bench seats.

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Nov 30, 2013, 09:22 PM »

I have a kenai and if it is the same the seat will bolt right up ,I bolted up an old frabil seat I had left over with swivel, and seats with out pads can be purchased for 25.at bass pro with out swivels , I to need to lean back from time to time

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.