Author Topic: world record perch  (Read 66616 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: world record perch
« Reply #60 on: Dec 21, 2006, 10:27 PM »
JMiser,

Please take some pics of perch that big! I'd love to see pics of them European or not!

Are the Polish women as beautiful as they say they are?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline J Miser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Anchorage Alaska - Can't get home fast enuf!!!
« Reply #61 on: Dec 21, 2006, 11:01 PM »
Lets put it this way, you want Brunettes, go to Italy, you want Blondes, Sweden, but if you want a beautiful girl, go to Poland.  I think I'm gonna marry one this time, just to bring a hottie back with me to Alaska and stop this beaver hunting, make my freinds drool, and feel like a king.  And polish girls are easy too.

And I'll definetely bring back a pic or two of some pig perch make a few of you perch hunters drool.  I'd love to get an 8 pounder and here people scream that its a weird colored walleye.  Even better would be a 30 pound Zander, now that would be cool.

Dr. JM
My private lakes: Laurel, Gruber, Emerald complex (Mountaintop, E Emerald, W Emerald, Pine Tree, Deer, Lower Deer, Halfmoon, Hunter, Little Mountaintop), Leisure Lk, Leisure Pd, Monroe, Tego, Little Tego, Upper Spring, Pocono Summit, Blue Mountain.  I want Naomi, Paupacken, and Hallowood and I'll chase the dream called Pocono Lake

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
« Reply #62 on: Dec 22, 2006, 10:44 AM »
Here's a closeup of mine with the tape measure. It was the real McCoy. Nothing that big since. If I would have caught here in April instead of February she would have weighed at least 3 lbs with more fully developed egg mass.

(Image removed from quote.)
That is one beautiful PERCH :clap: :thumbsup:How deep of water where you in and what were you using. Hopefully you were jigging and it didn,t hit a dead line. That would have like pulling a hub Cap. Good Job!

Offline BAZOOKAJOE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Dec 22, 2006, 11:59 AM »
That is one beautiful PERCH :clap: :thumbsup:How deep of water where you in and what were you using. Hopefully you were jigging and it didn,t hit a dead line. That would have like pulling a hub Cap. Good Job!

They get some of those out of the bays of Lake Ontario on occasion.

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Dec 23, 2006, 09:00 PM »
They get some of those out of the bays of Lake Ontario on occasion.
Around the Simcoe region or Where . Do you fish for them or just fish walleye and if you catch a perch its a bonus.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Dec 23, 2006, 10:02 PM »

The pond is only about 11 feet deep max. Fish was a couple of feet off the bottom and I took her on a rosey red fathead below a slip bobber. I caught three perch and the other two guys out there with me couldn't even catch one.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Pasquatch

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Dec 23, 2006, 10:09 PM »
For the record, I have caught Yellow Perch with very vivid red fins, which kinda throws a wrench into the whole "Red fins = European Perch" thing.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #67 on: Dec 23, 2006, 10:16 PM »
For the record, I have caught Yellow Perch with very vivid red fins, which kinda throws a wrench into the whole "Red fins = European Perch" thing.

Your absolutely right! Typically the males have the brightest pelvic fins especially toward spawning time.

The first thing a taxonomist will tell you is only a fool identifies a fish species by color.

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Dec 26, 2006, 10:57 AM »
The pond is only about 11 feet deep max. Fish was a couple of feet off the bottom and I took her on a rosey red fathead below a slip bobber. I caught three perch and the other two guys out there with me couldn't even catch one.
Thanks for letting me know on what and how And how deep .Thats putting on a bit of a clinic for those other 2 guys Once again nice fish

Offline Goatskin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Mar 02, 2011, 03:42 PM »
yeh, did u read how much stuff IGFA requires.u need to prepare big time to make a claim.and the big catch most of the time is only once in the lifetime opportunity.U don't know when,where,if u gonna have it or not. i'm sure u caught a lot of big fish ,but did u ever try to claim it somewhere not even IGFA.It's all about a time and money and not everyone can afford it especially in other countries.
Anyone can file a world record weather its joe blow out on the pond or some rich slob. The only thing that it requires is time.

Bullelk34

« Reply #70 on: Mar 02, 2011, 08:46 PM »

Agreed, and also I agree color alone can't be used for identification. But don't the European perch have reddish tails too? Ours do not.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Mar 02, 2011, 09:50 PM »
Anyone can file a world record weather its joe blow out on the pond or some rich slob. The only thing that it requires is time.

Whatever you say.  ::)

Offline Goatskin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Mar 02, 2011, 10:23 PM »
Nice to see the maturity level is up there ;)

Offline therealjt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Oh i wish i was a fishing
« Reply #73 on: Mar 02, 2011, 10:35 PM »
here is your nile perch ;D

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Mar 03, 2011, 03:57 PM »
Nice to see the maturity level is up there ;)

Whom are you referring to? I think to say anyone can catch a world record is pushing it to say the least unless he was referring to line class records, which are a little more plausible.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.