Author Topic: 8x8 hole layout?  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Moonman

• IceShanty Rookie
8x8 hole layout?
« on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:07 PM »
Guys, contemplating an 8x8 portable build and just wondering about hole location. I have a few ideas, which would change for the times I use a small wood stove and times when I don't, but just wondering about your thougts for a hole layout in an 8x8 for 4 guys, and your reasoning.

Thanks,

Moonman

Offline owatajrkiam

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 8x8 hole layout?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2014, 07:56 PM »
I don't know how to draw a layout on here,but my shack is 8'X8' and my floor is made of 2'X6' and 3/4" plywood with a non-slip additive added to the painted floor. When you open the door which is offset to the right,there is a 5' bench and on the left there is an 8' bench which is where we store the firewood. On the smaller bench side in the left corner is a wood stove which i put cement board on both sides to radiate the heat. In the middle of the floor is a 5' long X 26" trough. I drill 6 holes offset (3 on each side staggered). This way you can fish with 3 or 4 buddies facing the other 2 on the 5' bench. In the middle of the wall on the opposite side of the door is a fold up table that legs and all fold up and hook on the wall when you need more space and fold down for slabbing and cooking etc. Plenty of shelving also. Walls are 2"X2" with 7/16 sheeting and roof is 2"X4" with 3/4" plywood. Everything is construction adhesive glued and screwed and painted a very light grey on the inside and outside so it is bright on the inside. Have lexan windows and a large security bar with huge master lock and a door that opens to the outside so they cannot kick it in. I have to learn to post pics and hope i can include some pics soon. After seeing lots of layouts,this is the one i like best as it capitalizes on the most useable space.  Good luck with your project.

Glen 

Offline Moonman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2014, 08:47 PM »
Hey Glen thanks, sound like an awesome layout! I always think about holes at the sides and ends to get a good hole spread and not tangle lines, but your layout definitely provides more room for gear, stove and general comfort level. Will have to give your ideas some consideration for sure.

To post pics, the easiest way to do it is to get a free hotosharing account like at photobucket or similar, then upload your pics there. To post a pic here, just click on the photo in your photobucket account, and you'll see some link options. Choose 'img' and then you can paste that link into your message here. Sounds more complicated than it actually is, but its pretty straight forward.

Thanks again,

Moonman.

Offline owatajrkiam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:23 PM »
Hey...i know a MOONMAN who used to live in Rainy River,Ont. Are you the same?

Glen

Offline Moonman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2014, 09:55 PM »
Nope, never lived up that way, wish I did though, great fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.