Author Topic: Blue Igloo's Breezy point report  (Read 1529 times)

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Blue Igloo's Breezy point report
« on: Mar 23, 2005, 04:18 PM »
Well folks this will be more of a "conditions" report rather than a "fishing" report.
After 5 hours of serious fishing the tally was only 2 small bites from 2 different holes.
Not the slamming I was anticipating  :(
Nobody on the ice between floatplane base and start of Breezy Point cottages. I counted 5 fishermen at BP and a few machines heading to Devil's Creek.
Witnessed only 1 small fish being landed just north of me at BP.
The water is still clear but the "dreaded" current has already started. I heard that the center gate was open at Lockport thus creating the flow.
One truck left deep ruts that filled with slush.....When I was making holes, I noticed that the thickness varied a lot....therefore...... .use CAUTION.....
I was fortunate to talk to 2 friendly fishermen that had just returned from Devil's Creek and they too had a very slow morning. They caught a few themselves but the other people that made it out there by snow machines weren't having any luck either. :(
These 2 older fellows were using ATVs and they reported getting stuck a few times..........sinking in soft snow.......slush on the ice.  >:(
I think the end is near.....for fishing on the RED..... :'(
It's too bad because I think we'll have ice until the end of the angling season.....for a change......
All good things must come to an end...........but WHY NOW  :%$#!: 
Why not on APRIL 1st  ;D
I guess the lake is the best option for now ......
Don't know if I'll try again tomorrow.......but.... .the truck is still packed  :thumbsup::tipup:

grumpymoe

Re: Blue Igloo's Breezy point report
« Reply #1 on: Mar 23, 2005, 05:42 PM »
Good report BI....once that "dreaded" flow starts, its just a matter of day(s) before you wont get on the ice...unless you have a death wish...too bad you are going to have to hook up with some hardcore lake anglers... ;D ;D   Grump

Duramax

« Reply #2 on: Mar 23, 2005, 07:55 PM »
Excellent report BI... Thx, I was planning on giving the Red a once over this weekend but it might be gator hunting in the Whiteshell instead. I would really like to get some greens, it's been a couple of months since the last one, but I don't want to beat a dead horse.... HMMM Dauphin perhaps

Hopefully, things turn around "the guy from work" is heading out tomorrow , I will see how he does and go from there.

Unfortunately, >:( I can't join you guys  Monday as I'm working. Good Luck and please make me drive home on Wednesday for some green...TH, I'm counting on you to sniff out those greens at the mouth or in the channel.

Any interest in a pike mission for board members... we could plan it for next year.

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 23, 2005, 11:18 PM »
we where thinking about trying on friday but now maybe not.  a buddy is going out tomorrow so will find out conditions from him.  But it is BW on friday than hopefully McHugh later on in the week.  good luck to everyone this weekend and be careful!!
Team Manitoba

Offline HOS

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Mar 24, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Thanks for the report Blue Igloo, I was thinking of going out there on Tuesday next week....NOT NOW!! Delta it is!  ;D

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #5 on: Mar 24, 2005, 08:47 PM »
You won't regret that decision  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.