Author Topic: What's in that little blue jug (delta 03/18 2005)  (Read 2493 times)

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
What's in that little blue jug (delta 03/18 2005)
« on: Mar 18, 2005, 03:45 PM »
Well I don't know what all this talk about the "Ac curse" is about?? Ac and Lonnie picked me up at 7 this morning and we headed out to good ol Delta seen quite a few deer on the way out 8) we headed way the hell north west of the diversion and first spot first 6 drops of my jig produced 6 nice keeper perch right on thought we were on the honey hole but it just died right away so we ventured west and closer in and punched out our holes and all of us started catching perch after perch after perch then the tullibees came in then i'm jigging and get a solid thump reeling it in got some weight get it to the top of the hole it's a WALLEYE :o and he spits my hook.... :'(  you think ......but NO WAY I shoved my hand down the hole and pinned him to the side of the hole and grabbed him with my other hand woohoo wet gloves were worth it for the 15" beauty thank god for spare gloves ;D
Man was i pumped after that one we were catching perch then it died off again and i look over at my other rod and it had a good bend in it runn over set the hook into a 30" 5,4lb burbot 8) right on !! The perch started back up again with that on the ice then it died off again and i picked my rod up and gave it a couple of jiggles ......BAM another burbot not quite as big ;D Man I'm pretty happy now the perch slowed but the tullibees came in full force we nailed them for awhile with the odd perch then dead ..... We decide to pack up as my pail of perch is full so I pick up my other rod jiggle it and BAM again this is a nicer burby he fought hard i got him up the hole but couldn't get a grip and he turned and tore off a bunch of line i got him about halfway up again when my hook popped out :'( So I get back down to the bottom felling a little ticked off that I lost it and Ac gets all packed up time to go when my rods dips again...........set the hook...........REDEMPT ION!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D Made no mistakes getting the 29" 5lb burbot on the ice this time 8) It was a great day I'd say we easily caught 200 perch 40 tullibee 1 walleye and 3 burbot (1big one lost) I kept 100 perch and 31 tullibees the 15" walleye and the 3 burbot and Ac and lonnie only wanted to keep 10 nice perch 8) It was a blast I was laughing all day and made it home with all my gear ;) ;D Now what's in that little blue jug you say??? Ask Ac he might tell ya ;)  8)

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
Re: What's in that little blue jug (delta 03/18 2005)
« Reply #1 on: Mar 18, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Congrats TH and AC......love the play by play TH  :)
Hope I get a mixed bag tomorrow too  :)
TH, is the snow surface still firm (for ATV) and how far out were  you today ?
Also what bait did you get Wally on ?
Blue Igloo  :tipup:

Offline perch pounder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Poundin' those little guys
« Reply #2 on: Mar 18, 2005, 04:22 PM »
T.H

After Lake Dauphin I'm surprised you would look at the blue jug at all . :unsure: :blink:

Glad to hear you hit them hard . Lookin' to head out Sunday and pound them little guys .

Might see you out there . :clap:
What am I doing sitting in front of this computer ..............
I should be out fishing

Dan Wiens

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 18, 2005, 05:02 PM »
Ron the snow is still hard you shouldn't have a problem.We were about twice as far out and a little west of where we were that day.The walleye came on a 1/16 oz jig with a perch eye :o PP trust me buddy I wasn't looking at it  :sick: ;)2 I'm hoping to get out on sunday too might see you out there 8)

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2005, 05:09 PM »
What's in that little blue jug (delta 03/18 2005)
« on: Today at 03:45:23 PM »...what goes in.....must come out......sometimes later...sometimes sooner!!!! :roflmao: :roflmao:...way to go Trophyhunter....AC and Lonnie....sounds like you guys hit the honeyhole....and a walleye no less....Grump ;D

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2005, 06:37 PM »
Way to go guy's. Again  :bow: :bow: :bow: trophy you rule buddy. Awesome performance man. AC maybe you are no longer a jinx. ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Ac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2005, 07:54 PM »
Tons O' Fun Today. Good company and Good fishing made this the best day fishing in a long time. Wind was a bit cool in the morning but once the sun was up it was OK. Just kept freezeing our hands touching fish. The fish seem to come in waves...not long between bursts though...just enough time to get off the pail and have a strech + a smoke  ;). Then they were back in full force. Caught some small ones but most exceded 10"...none over 12". Yes..>BETTER THAN TWIN !!!

Offline Jumbo Master

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Its not a passion, its an obsession!!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2005, 08:12 PM »
Wow :o, way to go guys and congrats on that walleye Trophy Hunter!!!!  I think you should put some of your magic dust on me ;) so i can catch walleye :D, wow your amazing man!!!!! :bow: I find it funny how you can be fishing in the same area on the same day and one group of guys does great and the others are having trouble catching half a pail!!!! ::) ::)  Congrats Guys :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2005, 08:15 PM »
Trophy you are suppose to kiss Nessie. have you not learned anything that I have shown you man. ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2005, 09:26 PM »
OK, so all that has been proven is that the golden (or is that green, or yellow, or slimy) touch of TH is stronger than AC's "skill"  ;D

Good to hear you had a good day...the amount of stress that I wound up with this afternoon, I should have called in sick.  Oh well, prepping the gear for lakers tomorrow.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 19, 2005, 08:50 AM »
Thanks guys had a real lucky day today especially with the walter :o Sure made my day and I didn't mind getting wet mits for that one!! I weighed my 3 burbot last night and the three combined weighed 15 lbs :) Jumbo master you guys weren't fishing out of a blue bombadier were you? It's crazy out there I have had days where only one hole is getting fish and another one 2 ft away wont even get a bite ???

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 19, 2005, 10:38 AM »
Way to go guys on hammering those perch you also had a nice burbot and walleye.That one burbot was aufly skinny must be a male.!!!TIGHTLINES!!! ;D ;D
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.