Author Topic: Delta March 17  (Read 1672 times)

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Delta March 17
« on: Mar 17, 2005, 09:34 PM »
Well talk about forcasters being way wrong. If little reel and I would of listened we would of never went to delta. What a beautiful day. Well our 45 minutes walk only took 35 minutes. Nice hard snow to walk on. The bite was weird today. On and off. I really think if the weather is a little stormy the perch go nuts and today was really nice so you had to work for them. All in all we still caught well.

BW  51 perch     2 tullibees and I think one lost walleye

Little reel    40 perch   and a trophy Burbot " Nessie"  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  30 inches on the nose.

LR was totally disgusted when I kissed nessie and sent her back down the hole.

Take home was 68 perch which resulted in 5.5 lbs of fillets

On another note I was quite dissapointed to see 5 trophy burbot left on the ice along with small perch. These were caught by anglers. Guy's the burbot are there for a reason. The lake needs them. Either release them or eat them. Wake up!!!! >:( >:(

Tommorrow's plans have changed as we are heading to dauphin. An inside source has told me that a lot of poaching is happening. Well if some need to be shown a lesson on how to catch and release just come and see me.  Come on people keeping 60-70 walleye is no better then netting!!!! >:( >:( >:(

Anyway sorry AC that we will again miss you however you do bring bad luck. ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Good luck to everyone that is heading to Delta tommorrow. 8) 8)

Dauphin derby on saturday will be a hoot.  BW plans to win something I hope. :-\ :-\
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Delta March 17
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2005, 09:43 PM »
Way to go BW and LR.  Nice burbot...seem to be a few photos missing though  ::)  Good luck on Dauphin.  We enjoyed ourselves there Saturday.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2005, 09:46 PM »
Your right thriller. I do not have a digital yet however I will develop the pictures and post everything at the end of the season. Darn I need one of those cameras.  Trust me for now.  8) 8)
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline Jumbo Master

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Its not a passion, its an obsession!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2005, 10:14 PM »
Wow way to go Big Walleye, Icebraker and I are heading out to Delta tomorrow, hope to tie into some Burbot, Perch and maybe a bonus walleye or two.  Sounds like you had a great day man, it was a beautiful day. I will let you know how we do tomorrow just in case we catch a burbot that fills a ten inch hole! ;) ;) ;D ;D
   Happy Fishing!!! Good Luck at Dauphin!!!!! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline tk10fire

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm baaaack let the fishing begin
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2005, 11:15 PM »
Yup hoping to head out to the Delta myself early next week to see what all the talk is about. 

Good luck at the tourney BW. Make us proud. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow:
Tim

Duramax

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2005, 06:12 AM »
Sounds like I should have went to Delta... congrats BW on another successful perch mission. Those big burbot seem to be everywhere, too bad some people don't know how yummy they are....

Offline blue igloo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "We don't remember days....only moments!"
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2005, 04:37 PM »
Congrats Boys  ;D
Go Delta  :bow: Go Delta :bow: Go Delta :bow:
Every report coming out of there has been GREAT  :woot:
Hopefully things stay HOT
Things aren't so rosy up near Amaranth's side of LM........friends go out 8 miles to catch 4 perch ::)
It's been REAL bad there this season........thus far. Friends are going to try, this weekend,  where the netting has been good  :tipup:

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2005, 07:29 PM »
Way to go BW on catching ''NESSIE'' to bad LR didn't get his favorite lure back.Good luck at Dauphin on the weekend hope you teach those guys a lesson on the proper limit >:( >:(
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.