New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: dropper flys  (Read 532 times)

Offline Black_Ice20

• Team IceShanty Regular
dropper flys
« on: Feb 16, 2009, 12:50 PM »
some of the guys out on oneida this weekend were using dropper flys above there jigs and doing well. i would assume because of the shrimp crusing through my hole all day. anyways i have tons of flys but not sure if there are any specific ones i should be using out there. can anyone help point me in the right direction or put up some pics of there flys. thanks.  ;D
<br />Three-fourths of the EARTH\'s surface is WATER, and one-fourth is LAND. It is quite clear that the good LORD intended us to spend triple the amount of TIME fishing as taking care of the LAWN.

Offline BwayCGuy

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: dropper flys
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2009, 01:04 PM »
Any color combo of scub pattern will work well, i will use about a size 16, maaaybe a 18, its been a couple years since i've done it though.  I only tie a few flies a year, mainly for fly rodding bass pan fish in the late spring.  I've tied a fly on when they seem to be ignoring the jig, an they'll hit the fly pretty contistent. 
Semper Paratus

Offline Black_Ice20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2009, 10:22 AM »
thanks bwayguy will triy some out  ;D
<br />Three-fourths of the EARTH\'s surface is WATER, and one-fourth is LAND. It is quite clear that the good LORD intended us to spend triple the amount of TIME fishing as taking care of the LAWN.

Offline NORTHWOODS

• IceShanty Rookie
  • guide
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2009, 08:55 PM »
also try a chartruse or orange fly tipped with something those two colors seem to work the for me
that will make a nice sangwich!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.