Author Topic: Slug-Go  (Read 3511 times)

Offline whitebassbenny

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fishing rules, let there be ice !!!!
Slug-Go
« on: Jan 15, 2004, 07:48 AM »
what is the best coler slug-go, hook size For Large mouth bass?

THanks ben

Offline fishin fool

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • give 'em a shake
Re:Slug-Go
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2004, 09:28 PM »
The best color that I have found is black and silver, and I use an extra wide gap hook.  I Tailor the hook to ths size of the bait.  I like to have the hook bend even with the middle of the bait so that I get the most action out of the tail.  I have never used them through the ice though.
t'pup!

Offline daffydone

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • just gotta find some ICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 20, 2004, 07:20 PM »
I use marune and silver, that works good for me.
if your not walking on water, then you're not icefishing!

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2004, 12:04 PM »
I haven't used them ice fishing either, but Black and Silver seems to work well.

Offline Big Dawg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 29, 2004, 12:32 PM »
cant say ive used sluggo's in the winter but they work extremely well in the summer!  i use 3" black belly with a clear back...caught bass, pickeral and crappie on em!
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Offline iceintheveins

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If you won't fight for freedom, your not American!
Sluggo's ROCK!!!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 04, 2004, 09:13 PM »
I haven't tried them through the ice either, mostly because they are meant to sink extremely slowly.
I like sluggos, super flukes, super fluke jrs, Fin S Fish, Fin S Shad, Shad Assassins, and Whipsticks. Soft jerks are my number one bass lure and usually if the water is fairly clear it's the first thing I throw besides maybe a popper in the mornings and evenings. I like the 4 inch sizes best for bass, but the three and five inchers also catch plenty. I like white, baby bass, silver, gold, and lots of different colors. For 3 and 4 inchers use a 1/0 gamakatsu extra wide gap hook, and a 3/0 for five inchers.
I use light spinning tackle with 6 pound line. I have been able to wrestle big bass out of cover without needing heavier line. I can cast these lures a country mile, and they are just plain deadly. They also work for pike, trout, walleye, and even catfish. Just throw it out, let it sink about 10 feet under the surface, and slowly twitch it back. Most hits come on the sloooow fall. I don't think their is a better bass lure in the world. I am reluctant to fish them through the ice because they sink so slow and it would be difficult to set the hook.

Tyler
Politically incorrect, and proud of it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.