Author Topic: lake depth charts/maps for colorado?  (Read 4375 times)

Offline displacedwaterfowler

• IceShanty Rookie
lake depth charts/maps for colorado?
« on: Oct 08, 2014, 10:50 PM »
Hi all. So I am very new to ice fishing but am frothing at the mouth to go chase Lakers ( thanks to jigheads and fishing with Bernie vids). I went once last year to granby and got skunked haha ( if anyone saw a jack@$$ on a red atv getting stuck in mid Feb that was me HA) anyhow I have been waiting for about a year to try again and its almost time! I have the correct gear for this season and much more info so I hope to go offten. But my question is this, anyone know where I can get good depth charts/maps for colorado lakes? I have a lowrance HDS 5 with the lake insight tech but it only shows blue mesa so I'd like to find maps of granby, Williams fork, turquoise, Taylor, and any other lakes that hold big Lakers ( or pike, man I love catching pike too :D ). do others make lake insight map chips? Is there a good GPS that will show under water structure and depth?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks and good fishing to all!

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: lake depth charts/maps for colorado?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2014, 06:52 AM »
DOW should have most of them. I got a hold of a guy last year and I now have a map of Crawford reservoir and I think I am the only person that has one. It took him 3 days to dig it up but I now have it. The map I got was from before they filled the lake up.
<===Lefty===

Offline Baetis62

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 09, 2014, 07:47 AM »
Welcome.  I have several of maps from these guys and like them

www.fishnmap.com

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 09, 2014, 08:10 AM »
Welcome.  I have several of maps from these guys and like them

www.fishnmap.com

These are good.  Waterproof and sturdy.  I use the Granby/Grand Lake map and the Lake John/Delaney maps and they are very handy.
There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2014, 07:54 AM »
displaced...
Three or four Christmases ago, my son gave me a bound copy of maps for several lakes including Eleven Mile and (I think) Granby. I'll pull it out and get back to you with who published it and where you can gat it. Welcome to the ranks of the Lake Trout "ice addicts"!
Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Oct 16, 2014, 06:00 AM »
displaced,
The maps I was referring to are the ones from the FishnMap Company. E-mail: fishnmap.com, Phone: 1-303-421-5994. Great publication!
Ski
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.