Author Topic: Season not ending for me yet!  (Read 658 times)

Offline Sawtooth

• Team IceShanty Addict
Season not ending for me yet!
« on: Apr 06, 2014, 12:26 PM »
I know visitors to Ice Shanty seem to have been dropping off, and some topics involve hanging up the gear. I guess folks are turning to other pursuits as spring blooms.  Well, I'm trying to squeeze out every last opportunity that I can on the ice before water starts lapping at my toes. 

Saturday I took a friend ice fishing for his very first time.  We went to N. Delaney - only 1 other car there.  We sight fished in 8' of water for a few hours - saw some huge fish swim by, and had a couple of attempts at our jigs by decent fish, but caught nothing.  Still fun to watch them, though.

Then we went to Lake John so he could catch something. Maybe four other parties on the ice at noon.  Set up right offshore from the picnic grounds in 10' of water. Using small tan curlytail tubes with krill tipping the hook.  Right off the bat he got a nice 14" rainbow that was almost black in coloration.  Shorthly after, he nailed a fat 17" bow that went for several runs before he brought him out.  Well over 2 pounds, I believe.  Great time.  Weather incredible, and very little mud anywhere.  Got a little sunburn on my face.  Ice still hard as a rock and over 20", so still time for last minute fixes for the rest of you.

There is no such thing as bad weather - only bad clothing.

Offline anglure

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Season not ending for me yet!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 06, 2014, 01:04 PM »
 Nice late season report. Wish i could still be drillin..... but everythings icein out or has iced out and the rivers startin to pop. Good luck to ya and tight lines !! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline IceOsprey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Apr 06, 2014, 02:53 PM »
Nice to know that there is still good ice and people pulling fish through it too. Keep up the good work, great to see you introduce someone new to ice fishing. Looks like some nice fish and some great memories.

Offline COboundoutdoorguy

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "High Fives" and "Tight Lines" For All !!!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 13, 2014, 09:06 PM »
I am going to be moving out there to Loveland CO pretty soon and I guess I need to learn and find out where all the Ice Fishing is done at and what species can be caught

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.