New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Lake Alice/Orleans County  (Read 1381 times)

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lake Alice/Orleans County
« on: Feb 03, 2015, 10:36 PM »
Has anyone ever ice fished Lake Alice?  I am asking about the one in WNY, not the one at the eastern end of the state.

:tipup:

Offline bfishn247

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake Alice/Orleans County
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2015, 06:01 AM »
Fished it a lot this spring. Did well with crappies.  Tried last Saturday through the ice. Marked a ton of fish no real takers. Gona try again either friday or sunday

Offline gasjetruss04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2015, 05:03 PM »
Very hard lake to fish in the winter. I try once a year in otter creek. Mark mad fish, but skunked all the time, or tiny rock bass. There in there, watched on camera huge crappie, white perch and small walleye swim by. This place has gotton the best of me lol. But one of these years i will get into them. The north edge along boat launch is very deep drop and under the waterport bridge. But be careful with salt spill over from the plows.
°•°○Russ°•°○•

Offline bfishn247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2015, 05:42 PM »
Im headed back again tmrw morning. Hope I get into something.  Will post either way. Can't catch fish on the couch! Lol

Offline bfishn247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 06, 2015, 11:51 AM »
Fished from 630 till noon. Solid action the whole time. Lots and lots of gills! Only thing the big ones are only around 7" . Not quite the size,  but fun.  Was hoping for some crappie but nada. Did get a few bass and some perch.

Offline bfishn247

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 06, 2015, 03:14 PM »
Got them in otter creek. Was pretty non stop action and they were very active. Just had to sort through dinks if you plan on keeping any. I was fishing in 14' also

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 07, 2015, 11:34 AM »
Do you get to otter creek by walking across from the public post launch or is there a closer access spot?

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2015, 12:04 PM »
jigs with spikes for the gills?

Offline gasjetruss04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2015, 06:37 AM »
I always access Otter at the torn down bridge on the west side. Forget the road, Starts with a h. A little bumpy drag but there is parking on the side.
°•°○Russ°•°○•

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 09, 2015, 08:25 PM »
Thanks Russ.  I saw that on an aerial image and my friend and I used that access when we went there yesterday.  Miserable weather day with 16 inches of snow on ice with 5 inch of slush and water below.  The gills were biting, but not heavy and not much for size.  We were driven off the ice by 3 by a snow storm.

Offline gasjetruss04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 10, 2015, 06:28 AM »
Just watch by the docks there is a pipe with running water. Not sure if its a sump pump drain, but that corner was iffy last year. This snow is going to make a mess out of ice conditions. Erie bound Sunday.
°•°○Russ°•°○•

Offline IceFever74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 10, 2015, 08:17 PM »
Good call going to Erie Sunday Russ.  We hit Otter Creek that day and it was a sloppy mess.  Drag was brutal.  Thank goodness it's not too far from the parking.  Came home with a few nice sunnies and gills.  I would like to go back, but not until the snow and slush tighten a little.

Offline fishermantim4

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2015, 05:59 PM »
Is lake alice still fish able after this warm up. I'm not close by but my girl friend is and she wants to try ice fishing this year before ice is completey lost
WINDOW FISH!!!!!

Offline gasjetruss04

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 28, 2016, 10:28 AM »
been over a year seeing last year had no ice, looking forward to conquering Otter creek this year. Lake has great fishing but eludes me every year :-\
°•°○Russ°•°○•

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.