Author Topic: 200lbs of pike iced in 3hrs!!  (Read 1607 times)

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular
200lbs of pike iced in 3hrs!!
« on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:14 PM »
 So an ex co-worker text me sunday to get my azz up here!! Monday I rolled out of Edm 4:30 am and by 8:30 I had an 18lb on the ice! 20 min later I had a 23lb. I dropped the bait down the hole and boooom a 19!! For the next hr I landed multiple 10-15lb fish. 3 more pike over 20lbs were caught by 11:30 ish. This was my best day fishing pike in my life. I had a pretty wicked day on March 31 2008 at Wabamun where I landed 4 over 20lbs in 2hrs. My buddies bud dropped a camera down and the whitefish were thick in the shallows,I'm not sure what they would be feeding on this time of yr,we were near a creek mouth with a steep drop over a 20-25' span, depth was approx 2' and dropped to 28'.I text my fish crazy nephew and we are returning ASAP.I hope to give him a life long memory because it has for me. Before anyone asks,no I can't give the lake name as promised.All I can say is that its about 3.5hrs north of Edm.

Offline cube3

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 200lbs of pike iced in 3hrs!!
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2018, 12:38 PM »
So an ex co-worker text me sunday to get my azz up here!! Monday I rolled out of Edm 4:30 am and by 8:30 I had an 18lb on the ice! 20 min later I had a 23lb. I dropped the bait down the hole and boooom a 19!! For the next hr I landed multiple 10-15lb fish. 3 more pike over 20lbs were caught by 11:30 ish. This was my best day fishing pike in my life. I had a pretty wicked day on March 31 2008 at Wabamun where I landed 4 over 20lbs in 2hrs. My buddies bud dropped a camera down and the whitefish were thick in the shallows,I'm not sure what they would be feeding on this time of yr,we were near a creek mouth with a steep drop over a 20-25' span, depth was approx 2' and dropped to 28'.I text my fish crazy nephew and we are returning ASAP.I hope to give him a life long memory because it has for me. Before anyone asks,no I can't give the lake name as promised.All I can say is that its about 3.5hrs north of Edm.

Would you have any photo's?

Offline wcbarkerf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:51 PM »
I know that lake  its  I Cant Tell Lake.  And that's good.

Offline HARRYFISHBALLS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:18 PM »
 I only have 2 pics of pike without someone holding them up and I won't put someones/ or my own  pic on the net,if they want to they can put their own on. I know one of them is a member on here.
  I text my cousin in Manitoba and he laughed and said,we do that here all the time!!

Offline wcbarkerf

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 25, 2018, 08:13 PM »
Pics please

Offline Shotgun

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 26, 2018, 05:00 PM »
As they constantly say on AO  no pic's it didn't happen.  In your case I think something went on for sure and strong memories have been created.   

Is it a fish story?  who knows but a good story it is. ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.