Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1693252 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #7860 on: Jan 13, 2021, 02:53 PM »
Anyone have issues with the battery connections in the marcum power pac? For some reason mine started being finicky all of a sudden. Shuts off if you bump it around at all.
Make sure all connections are tight. to battery and to device.
<===Lefty===

Offline Dirt23

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7861 on: Jan 13, 2021, 04:00 PM »
Anyone have issues with the battery connections in the marcum power pac? For some reason mine started being finicky all of a sudden. Shuts off if you bump it around at all.
  I just cut there leads off and put alligator clips on works great

Offline Uppervalley Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7862 on: Jan 14, 2021, 06:53 AM »
  I just cut there leads off and put alligator clips on works great

Is it as easy as just splitting the main wire? Just dont want to break it....Thanks for the tip.
....¸><((((º>
.··´¯`·.¸.·><((((º>
·.¸.·´¯`·...¸.·><((((º>

Offline GenesCamp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7863 on: Jan 14, 2021, 07:14 AM »
Some decent deals on 13 Fishing rods, reels, and combos...I snagged a Wicked Stealth combo. Free shipping with code: SWORD50 ($50 minimum purchase)
https://m.tackledirect.com/shop-13-fishing.html?trk_msg=BAB9R63N5CQ4F7UNCI2MK7PJ20&trk_contact=P7JJDGL8I84C5V81OJM9HODE1C&trk_sid=CLH4TD388N8LSTQT5ODQAE99AK&utm_source=listrak&utm_medium=email&utm_term=20%25+OFF+Select+13+Fishing+Ice+FIshing+Gear&utm_campaign=PR_1721#/filter:nt_classification:Ice/perpage:96/sort:ss_price:asc

I know I'm a little late to this deal, but I've been looking for a "freefall" style reel to try.  Anyone have any recommendations on which one of these would be a good one to try for someone who has never used these types of reels?

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7864 on: Jan 14, 2021, 07:51 AM »
I have a freefall ghost that I got on clearance for 50% off and really like it, but you can only use it with heavier baits, not 4mm or smaller jigs. I'm not sure if the metal version works better with lighter stuff.

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7865 on: Jan 14, 2021, 08:22 AM »
I drop 4mm jigs on my black betty free fall.  I would suggest the black betty freefall.  It's the most expensive, but I think you sort of get what you pay for.  I have the freefall ghost and I don't think it's quite as nice.  Don't fill the spool the whole way up and don't pull line out if you have the trigger down - that's how you get line management issues.  They takes a little getting used to, but I like my black betty freefall.  Good luck!
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline 3274mike

• IceShanty Rookie
Marcum king lithium
« Reply #7866 on: Jan 14, 2021, 09:25 AM »
Thorne Bros has the marcum king 12v 18ah for $119.00 w/ chatger

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Marcum king lithium
« Reply #7867 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:04 AM »
Thorne Bros has the marcum king 12v 18ah for $119.00 w/ chatger
I think it's really strange how much the new Marcum batteries and chargers are being discounted??  I mean we've seen 50% off sales for the 10ah Brute?  This either shows just how cheap these batteries are to make and how much markup there is, or there's something going on and they want to get rid of their initial stock asap....

Offline GenesCamp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7868 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:20 AM »
I drop 4mm jigs on my black betty free fall.  I would suggest the black betty freefall.  It's the most expensive, but I think you sort of get what you pay for.  I have the freefall ghost and I don't think it's quite as nice.  Don't fill the spool the whole way up and don't pull line out if you have the trigger down - that's how you get line management issues.  They takes a little getting used to, but I like my black betty freefall.  Good luck!

Thank you all for the info!  Not to get the deals thread too off topic, but is that a decent deal for the reel?  And can you guys recommend a good rod for it, preferably one of these that are on sale?  I'd like to use this primarily for walleye but be versatile enough to use for crappie.  I've always used spinning gear for ice fishing but I'm excited to give one of these a try. 

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7869 on: Jan 14, 2021, 10:39 AM »

You're only dropping 4mm jigs using the trigger if you're inside a shack, or outside when it's warm enough that your eyelets aren't freezing AND you don't set the reel in the snow/slush. Just wanted to clarify that, seems like people are advertising that the free fall feature works with any weighted jig, and it does, under the right conditions. I run the piscifun icx, freefall ghost and freefall on all my rods. I love the reels, but they aren't perfect.
Da Pack!

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7871 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:40 AM »
You're only dropping 4mm jigs using the trigger if you're inside a shack, or outside when it's warm enough that your eyelets aren't freezing AND you don't set the reel in the snow/slush. Just wanted to clarify that, seems like people are advertising that the free fall feature works with any weighted jig, and it does, under the right conditions. I run the piscifun icx, freefall ghost and freefall on all my rods. I love the reels, but they aren't perfect.

I am only impressed with the FreeFall when I have heavier jigs on and 6 lb line.  First time I set it up was with 2-3lb line and 4-5mm tungstens.  Set the drop speed, etc and spent too much time digging line out from under and behind the spool, was ready to pitch them.  Then I just put heavier stuff on and it works like it should.  Pretty disappointing overall.   Ghost and regular freeFall
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline Frankie Bags

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7872 on: Jan 15, 2021, 04:01 PM »

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7874 on: Jan 15, 2021, 08:21 PM »
Ridgid batteries not sold in a kit are excluded from LSA, but will have three year warranty.

Battery must be sold with a charger or tool or both to be a kit form.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7875 on: Jan 16, 2021, 04:16 PM »
Blain's is 25% off most in-stock ice fishing gear. I was at the one up in Bourbonnais, IL this morning. Selection was pretty thin, but I did grab a few things.

https://www.farmandfleet.com/ice-fishing-gear/?pg=2

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7876 on: Jan 18, 2021, 12:36 PM »

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7877 on: Jan 18, 2021, 03:49 PM »
The transducer in my Vexilar Fl 18 quit working. I'm looking for a replacement. Any deals out there?  Thought I read somewhere that it needs the 12 degree one. Is this correct?

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7878 on: Jan 18, 2021, 04:05 PM »
Any Vex ducer works with any Vex unit. They’re proud of that.

Offline badger132

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7879 on: Jan 18, 2021, 04:52 PM »

Offline da_teacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7880 on: Jan 18, 2021, 11:50 PM »
Any humminbird helix deals as of late? Got a cousin who is totally hooked and is looking for a Bird.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7881 on: Jan 19, 2021, 05:47 AM »
Kittery Trading Post - 25% Off two (2) qualifying items.  Code:  TUESDAY25

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline trundog

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7882 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:04 AM »

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7883 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:08 AM »
Jittery Trading Post - 25% Off two (2) qualifying items.  Code:  TUESDAY25

DN
Pretty good deal. I need a Popup and a sled but the shipping is just too much for me.
<===Lefty===

Offline FishGut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7884 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:35 AM »
Jittery Trading Post

*spit take*

That reminds me of the Rolodex watch guy that came to the bar. Fifty bucks later, I'm saving phone numbers by writing them down on a file card
Nebraska certified Fishing Instructor

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7885 on: Jan 19, 2021, 06:44 AM »

*spit take*

That reminds me of the Rolodex watch guy that came to the bar. Fifty bucks later, I'm saving phone numbers by writing them down on a file card
I see what you did there 😏

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7886 on: Jan 19, 2021, 01:43 PM »
FishUSA also has $50 a 6" SM lite flight drill auger, and $60 off the SM Lithium 40 Volt.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7887 on: Jan 20, 2021, 12:42 PM »
Funny how early ice season, lots of sales, then there is a lowell in the mid season with not much on sale, then it picks up again at the end...  We must be in that low time.
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Offline bassin212

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Tight Lines!

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7889 on: Jan 20, 2021, 01:01 PM »
Looking for a deal/good 0 degree to -20 sleeping bag. Found this, wasn’t sure if it was any good.

I know you're going to spend more, but a down bag is well worth it imo. They pack down much smaller and weigh a ton less than synthetic bags.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.