Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1635225 times)

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #20190 on: Jul 15, 2020, 07:13 AM »
Good Morning ER's  one more thunderstorm then hot and humid for the next 10 days.  Dave Sorry you lost a great friend. I still miss our tasha. She actually saved 3 lives in her short time. Mason heading back to work enjoy and stay safe. Bud glad Janice is on the road to getting better. Made it out the other day and smashed the fish with the CJS Mega Glow in red. Made a second stop at boat landing to try for a walleye; the mosquitos almost carried me off before retreating. WS that's a lot of birds in the yard. Were there crows in the background noise? Have a nice day all.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #20191 on: Jul 15, 2020, 08:47 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
   Happy Hump Day!  66 and cloudy here this am, high of 80.

Dave. .my condolences on the passing of Sahtu...think we all feel your pain. He won't be forgotten here.
  OS...that was beautiful,  well done!   :bow:
  OG...congrats on a good trip, hope you get another crack at the walleyes!     :thumbsup:
  Wally....thank you,  hoping things are going to work out!  Of course another sizzling week of weather is in the forecast for our return  lol, just my luck!   ;D. Hope the inspection goes problem free!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...agreed,  starting back on a Friday is pretty weird....our state supervisor goes on vacation starting Monday so Friday will be his last day to put us on the right track... :cookoo:  Hope all goes well with your appointment this am.    :thumbsup:
  Marv...good luck with the estimate, will be looking forward to another video from the baiting grounds!   :thumbsup:
   Bud...keeping your wife in thoughts and prayers,  hope today is a better day for her.    :thumbsup:
  Steve...I think the Redskins will now be called the Redtails...named after the Tuskegee airmen fighter unit.   

Have a teleconference in about an hour...will try catching up with everyone this afternoon.
  Have a great day all,  be safe,  best of luck to those fishing!

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20192 on: Jul 15, 2020, 06:00 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Didn’t get the rain yet that they had predicted. One of our neighbors cats has taken to sleeping on our stairs during the night. My wife carried Mr Dickens out and we thought he would lose his mind. The cat is very friendly and loves to be petted. My wife is working today and is off for the next 4 days.

MasonEddie, I hope your teleconference went well.

Old Goat, Sounds like a good day on the water with the exception of almost being carried off by mosquitoes.

WallyWorld, Hopefully you had no issues with getting your car inspected.

Ice Wanderer, Thats great news that everything went well at the registry. Prayers that your Surgeon Appointment went well.

Drifter, My Condolences and prayers on the loss of your best friend.

Old Sailor, That was the best explanation of the Rainbow bridge that I’ve ever heard.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you had a good trip to the shack. Bears seem to be loving the frosting.

IFF, Continuing prayers for both you and your wife. Hopefully they’ll be able to get the ulcers under control. How is your leg doing? Your body needed the sleep.

Mr C, I think the Redskins aren’t the only team or anything to change their name.

I hope everyone has a good Evening and a good night. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20193 on: Jul 15, 2020, 08:03 PM »
 :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :cookoo: :cookoo: Same ole Same ole, just a different day.  Dietician wanted to see her past daily BS readings, before and after meals, gathered up the latest record.  Took it in so they have a clue.  She normally has her supper at 6 PM, little before 5:00 a check (not theirs) was 492 got her supper 5:20 ate some, and shortly after when nurse came in to give her some injections of antibiotics for her infections they have been treating another check was 417. :cookoo: :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: they will check it again at 7:00 and try to adjust it accordingly.  Good luck with that. ::)

Her swollen legs/feet did look a bit better.   :clap: :thumbsup:  Taking tomorrow off and try to keep a lid on the home digs, one being finish getting the new shower tile up.  A run to the store, and hopefully an oil change on the car.

early good night, I am beat.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20194 on: Jul 15, 2020, 10:49 PM »
Good evening little better weather today high only in the low eighties and no rain. Weather guessers say weekend will be hot and humid. In response to protests going on around the U.S. and in my area th city council of Newburgh has passed a Right to know law once implemented  police officers will have to indentify themselves to person they have an encounter with if no arrest or citation comes from the encounter officer must give their business card to person.
IFF hopefully they can find the reason for Janice's high blood sugar levels.
Whopper Stopper I would not be surprised if some people never return to their workplaces and will work for home going forward. If you went to the shack hope it was a good trip.
Ice Wanderer may your surgeon be happy with your progress.
wallworld did your car pass inspection.
Old Goat glad you had a good fishing trip may you see less bugs next time out.
Eddie thank you for the info. on Washington's NFL team new name. After i posted last night remember one of the high schools in my area call it's teams Indians and use Indian in head dress as their logo have to see if they can their name and logo.
Icefisher-45 I can see Mr.Dickens not being happy with the neighbors cat sleeping on your stairs.

May everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20195 on: Jul 16, 2020, 04:04 AM »
Morning all,

Just a quick hello before heading to the lake  :clap:  Fingers crossed the eyes are hungry this morning   ;)2

IFF.....sure hope today's a better day  :-\

My car passed inspection, good for another year  :thumbsup:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20196 on: Jul 16, 2020, 05:25 AM »
Good morning Wally, ER's,
             It's 65* and cloudy, the sun should peek through today. A hot weekend is in the forecast.
             Wally........I'm glad your car passed inspection, wss there any doubt. Have a good day on the lake.
               Marv.........How were things at "The Shack".
                Eddie........That explains why your starting on  Friday.
                 Bud..........I hope they can get your wife's BS under control.
                 Steve.......I don't think the team name Indians is a disprreragimg term. In the case of the Redskins it's the labeling the color of their skin is what makes it offensive.
                  I-45..........Does Mr. Sickens and the cat get along.
                  My appointment with the surgeon went very well, he was happy with my heal g progress and my mobility progress. I see him again in 2 months.
                  I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or put. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20197 on: Jul 16, 2020, 07:53 AM »
Good morning ER's, and some of you need it more than others!! Those of you with problems get a prayer from me as I read the posts! As you've noticed, I'm not good at going member by member as some do, but that doesn't mean you're forgotten in my prayers. That's not gonna happen!! When you're a one fingered typist (two is speed typing) it takes time to put o post down!! It's a labor of love for my fellow ER's!!  :bow: With the return of the heat and humidity yesterday, my thermostat decided to crap the bed!! :%$#!: I called for service and got the old 1-5 routine. A little later I get a call and it's a service tech saying he could be there in less than 1/2 hour, and was that OK??  :thumbsup: :clap: ;)2 I had a programmable thermostat and all he had was a standard one with him. He said he would put that in and then come back with a programmable one.  I said just put in the standard (simpler to use) one and we'd be happy He said it would actually save us money with our heat pump. Moral of this story change is to change the batteries in your thermostat!! Ours corroded and took out the temp sensor! Someone slap my hand!! :callcops: :-[ Everyone have a great day, stay safe and well and STFAH!!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20198 on: Jul 16, 2020, 08:06 AM »
69* cloudy and a breeze.
Hope today finds everyone either better, improving or GREAT.
WW, hope you find some fish today.
Eddie, hope you got some good news.
I didn't get skunked, 1 walleye (16") 1 rock bass, 2 SMB and an 11 inch perch. Not many boats early but after noon they showed up. Water temp was 78* and the lake is going down.

I am also getting tired of all the changes that are going on. How much are we going to stand for?

Have a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20199 on: Jul 16, 2020, 08:11 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

Our last tolerable day before Mr. Muggy sets up shop through the weekend.

Things were good at the shack, the bugs were still on full alert. We had 5 bears total on the camera with a nice boar that seems to only show after dark.

When I went to down load the videos the computer said not enough space. I went through the same thing last time and it took some doing to free up some room. I decided I will save futzing with it for a hot day.

Not a lot going on today, time to tinker in the garage for awhile.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20200 on: Jul 16, 2020, 12:07 PM »
Afternoon all,

Managed to keep the skunk at bay this morning, landed 1 20" eye and 2 shorts before getting blown off by the south winds  :%$#!:  kind of expected it to happen just not so early  :-\

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20201 on: Jul 16, 2020, 08:56 PM »
Good evening like Whopper Stopper waiting for Mr. Muggy to arrive this weekend have a feeling this maybe a record setting Summer for many of us in terms of temperature.
Wallyworld glad your car passed inspection. Congratulations on avoiding the skunk hope it is not that far of a drive to the lake for what turned out to be only a few hours of fishing.
Ice Wanderer great to read your surgeon is happy with your progress. I owe you an apology the high school uses the Indian head logo but the sports teams are called Raiders not Indians . So may see a name change at some point in the future.
OldSailor happy for you and your wife service tech was able to get to your home without to much of a wait and had part to fix problem.
Hunts2long congratulations to you also on avoiding the skunk. Just curious did your nephew get his new well drilled.
Whopper Stopper May you solve the video loading problem without to much of a hassle. Hopefully the boar will be more active during daylight hours once hunting season arrives.
Eddie may things go well for you and the crew tomorrow.
IFF may Janice be doing better today.
Old Goat hope your brother is getting better.

Keep up with the Covid-19 safety practices may everyone avoid contracting the virus. Best to all with fishing plans.
 Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20202 on: Jul 16, 2020, 10:57 PM »
Same song.......Second verse :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20203 on: Jul 17, 2020, 02:02 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Raining and 60 here this am, scattered thunderstorms possible today, high of 82.  Hopefully it’s not a sign of things to come going back to work, lol.

Bud...thoughts and prayers continued for both you and your wife....hoping for better news each day!  :thumbsup:
  Steve...thank you, anxious to see how things are going to be back at the workplace...will keep you posted!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...congrats on avoiding the skunk, that’s too bad the winds kicked up cutting your trip short. Better luck next trip out.   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope you could figure out the computer issue, will be looking forward to your video!   :thumbsup:
  H2...congrats, glad you got into a few fish also!   :thumbsup:   I’ll 2nd your reply on the changes going on...it’s getting old real fast, ridiculous.
  OS...glad everything worked out with the thermostat issue, believe we all appreciate the prayers....Thank You!   :bow: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...excellent news from your appointment, keep up the great work!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Wednesday’s teleconference went pretty well, a lot of time was spent on the unrealistic guidelines set forth by our Governor concerning visitation. At this time in his guidelines, if 1 person at the facility is found to test positive ( resident or staff member ) , visitation will postponed for an additional  28 days . Currently there are 220 residents who have all tested negative for the last 2 weeks. There are approximately 400 staff members, both full and part time. 4 of them are out still in isolation from the most recent testing. It will be next to impossible to get 100% negative results for any length of time short of a miracle. A petition is being filed and other avenues being pursued....it’s getting beyond cruel keeping all the families away from their loved ones as the clock ticks away with their limited time left. We haven’t had any physical contact or been able to see our loved ones since they locked out the facilities in March...sad, it’s got to stop.
  Sorry for the rant...
  Well, time to get ready for the first 8 hours of the new normalcy...Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20204 on: Jul 17, 2020, 03:11 AM »
Good Morning ER's     Bud hang in there.  Eddie hope the workplace is a joy today. WW and H2L nice work dodging the striped kitty. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20205 on: Jul 17, 2020, 03:28 AM »
Heat woke me up, now remember today is trash day, driver last week refused to take or dump 2 5 gal. pails of demoed bath tiles, so ok, I will bag them with some clothing I am tossing out.  ::) :whistle:

Eddie, I just looked at national radar and looks pretty clear all across the northern states.  No fun working in the rain is what I remember. 

Thinking I might as well leave the TV off, getting tired of watching/hearing the same old reruns of National news, if you get my drift. 

Ok Sailor one hand slap coming your way  :nono: Yeah I'm with you. STFAH

Bud

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20206 on: Jul 17, 2020, 03:36 AM »
Eddie I need one of your coffee's, with triple baileys please.
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20207 on: Jul 17, 2020, 04:15 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....I can pour you a coffee, you'll have to supply the Bailey's tho  :roflmao:  hoping to hear some better news soon sir  ;)

Eddie......best of luck at the job site today  :flex:  hope the petition results in more reasonable guidelines for visitation  :-\

H2L.....congrats on beating the skunk  :clap:  :flex:  Oneida was 79.4*

WS.....have a good day  ;)2

IW.....great news on the hand  :thumbsup:

After some in depth conversations we're heading for MA today to visit the grandkids   :thumbsup: :clap:  like Eddie, it's been since the beginning of March since last visiting  :(  will be doing our best to follow all the rules  :-\

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20208 on: Jul 17, 2020, 05:25 AM »
Good morning ER's,
             It's 64* and the rain had stopped. The sun might show today then the heat will start building. High 80's for the weekend.
             Eddie.......I hope you can get back in the swing of things at work after all the time off.
             Bud.........We have recycle bins that the truck loads up with an arm. The driver doesn't know what's in the bin.
             Wally.......You'lll be fine traveling to Mass. they have been coming here for quite sometime. Have a safe trip.
             H2l.........Good job finding the fish.
             Marv.......Whats going on today over there.
              My wife's son and granddaughter are coming for the weekend.
              I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20209 on: Jul 17, 2020, 05:39 AM »
63* and a few clouds left from the rain we got late yesterday. It poured for about an hour.'

WW, I thought of you late in the morning when the breeze started to pick up here. Have a good trip and be safe.

Eddie, I wonder if the Gov has seen his Mother? I feel he is going to be very careful on his call because he messed up so bad with the nursing homes in the first place. Plus, he is taking a lot of press coverage. Sure do hope in works out for you and the rest of the families.

Mr. C, my brother stopped in with some fresh picked blueberries the other evening and I asked how Ron was doing with his water issue. His well does recover about 3 feet every day but he is still hauling some from his fathers. They live on top of a hill so when they drilled my brothers well they went almost 500'. At todays prices it would be a lot of money. Ron has talked to a guy that still uses a "pounder" but he is pretty busy. Ron is also looking at a spring that he could put a pump in to get him water. Knowing Ron, he will explore everything first.

Hope everyone has a great Friday and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #20210 on: Jul 17, 2020, 06:32 AM »
H2l.........It's a drilled well that Ron has or a hand dug well. A drilled well can be hydrofracked to pick up more water. If it's a hand dug well then he is pretty much at the mercy of rainfall. Just because one well went 500 ft doesn't mean the next well would. My neighbors well is 520 feet and mine is 84 feet. I doused mine.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20211 on: Jul 17, 2020, 06:52 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

Getting set for some wicked heat and dew points.

IW I plan a day of sitting in the ac. It sounds like tomorrow will be worse.

Eddie good luck back at the job, I am guessing the day will drag on forever. I may try and clear some stuff off the computer. I need to find a good site in the cloud to edit, or go back to how I used to do it, 1 video at a time.

WW safe travels! Sounds like a fun time coming your way.

Hope you all have a good day  :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #20212 on: Jul 17, 2020, 09:53 AM »
Good morning cloudy with temp in the seventies weather guessers say today's high will be in the low to mid eighties with chance of rain this afternoon. Tomorrow the heat and Mr.Muggy return with highs in the mid nineties and heat index over one hundred. I had a hair cut appointment this morning think it was last Summer or Fall when my hair was this short should be cooler in this heat and humidity. Believe my last haircut before this was back around Christmas or earlier.
IFF sorry you are stuck in a personal version of the movie "Ground Hog" day may Janice's health make a turn for the better in coming days.
Eddie take your time to get back up to normal working speed  sure there will be plenty of story telling of how each of you spent your time during the lay off. May something get worked out between nursing homes and our Governor. If Governor Coumo tries to place NY. under some type of lock down should Covid-19 numbers rise here or in neighboring states think the s*#t will hit the fan. I've seen photos of people in states with more liberal guns laws coming to protests armed and ready for conflict. As the late Kate Smith was famous for singing "God Bless Americia" crazier times maybe yet to come for our nation.
Ice Wanderer Happy Birthday however you celebrate have a great day. Safe travels to you step son and step granddaughter enjoy their visit.
Hunts2long enjoy the blue berries. Thank you for the update on your nephew Ron's water problem. I believe there are two types of water wells one is more dependent on rain and groundwater seeping through the soil and rock layers then the other Ice Wanderer can probably give us the proper names for each well type.
Wallyworld have a safe trip and great visit with your son and his family.
Whopper Stopper may you find a safe and secure place in the "Cloud" to upload your videos and then transfer to your computer for posting here on Ice Shanty.  Given the heat out your way maybe the 'Girls" and you should enjoy some Cherry Coke and Crown after the "office" closes for the week.

Stay safe and have a good Friday.
 Steve

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20213 on: Jul 17, 2020, 02:02 PM »
IW....happy birthday sir !!!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #20214 on: Jul 17, 2020, 02:06 PM »
Good one WW.......

Happy Birthday IW!!

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #20215 on: Jul 17, 2020, 03:25 PM »
IW, HAPPY B-DAY!!! And many, many more!!!! :clap: :flex: :thumbsup: :bow:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20216 on: Jul 17, 2020, 03:46 PM »
    :clap: :thumbsup::bow:   Happy Birthday Jeff!!    :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20217 on: Jul 17, 2020, 06:19 PM »
IW, Happy Birthday...h2l
Northville, NY