The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Rebel Team Chat  (Read 18779 times)

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ya' gotta kill it !, To grill it !
Re: Rebel Team Chat
« Reply #90 on: Feb 22, 2009, 10:14 AM »
salmonrebel  I haven;t been to Harveys Lake either . I have been spending alot of my time ice fishing on Oneida. I was planning on going up this weekend but they are getting poounded with snow.  I am planning on doing some fishing in Pa this weekend and was looking for different water.Nuangola ; I don't usually bring a bat with me on the ice but I have an auger and my gaff is pretty nasty.I have never fished Sylvan but if you are going I am game.
Me and the other rebels didn't end up, up Onieda this year like we wanted to. Money is tight, especially, with me. Being unemployed sucks. When we decide to get out at Harvey's, we'll send you guys a line(PM). In the meantime, good luck to you guys.

WHACK'EM!!! AN STACK'EM!!!

Offline Nuangola Susquehanna

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Feb 22, 2009, 09:14 PM »
Sure thing, Nuangola. Keep in touch.

Fished Sylvan this evening and only managed 2 gills and nothing on 12 tip ups. Still better than sitting at home. We're thinking of hitting Harvey's next Saturday.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Feb 23, 2009, 09:11 AM »
Fished Sylvan this evening and only managed 2 gills and nothing on 12 tip ups. Still better than sitting at home. We're thinking of hitting Harvey's next Saturday.
Had a pretty slow day at Rebelfisher's uncle's place. Took all morning, moving around to find a decent bite. Between the 2 of us, ended up with about 25 perch and gills, most of them being perch. None of the fish were worth bragging about.
Early on, it was pretty chilly and windy, then later on, turned into a beautiful day.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Feb 23, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Thanks for the info & good luck to you Rebel Fishers! Don't look like I am going to make it there this weekend but I will be there next week.
Just figured to let you know, Gillaholic. We fished there Sat. Early morning off the point we were talkin' about, we didn't do much at all. Later in the morning we moved around back farther towards the area you walk out from. Rebelfisher went in towards the cove, off of that point, and I went to the other shoreline, where you saw me the last time. I got into a semi productive bite for a short time, while, Rebelfisher worked his way to a bit further past the middle towards the shoreline, up behind me about 200yds. My bite slowed down, and I ventured towards him. He was into a decent bite for a bit as well. I think we fished till about 2pm. We didn't make the move till later in the morning otherwise our numbers might have been better. Only ended up with about 25 keepers between both of us, nothing to write home about. I think Rebelfisher was going to give it a shot tonite. I'm sure he'll send you a line to let you know how he made out. Have a good one...SalmonRebel.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hook 'em and Cook 'em...TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT!
« Reply #94 on: Feb 23, 2009, 09:08 PM »
Nuangola, Im thinking about hitting harveys up again saturday too. Keep in touch. maybe see you there. Rebel.

Ice Fisherman Walk on Water!

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #95 on: Feb 23, 2009, 09:17 PM »
Just got back from my uncles place... got into a calico bite again (and 'gills)  fished 5-8pm...no hits after 7pm..ended up with 13 'gills (8-9") 4 calico (11-13") I lost one at the hole, so if ya find one with a glo jig attached...its mine! and two perch (~9")  I was proud of myself today...lol    :flex: :flex:

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Feb 24, 2009, 06:38 AM »
Just got back from my uncles place... got into a calico bite again (and 'gills)  fished 5-8pm...no hits after 7pm..ended up with 13 'gills (8-9") 4 calico (11-13") I lost one at the hole, so if ya find one with a glo jig attached...its mine! and two perch (~9")  I was proud of myself today...lol    :flex: :flex:

Hey all Y'all Rebels..............Th anks for the report from saturday & yesterday. Good info!
I'll be heading over there tomorrow to see if I can get the Glo-Jig back!

Be proud Rebels..........Be proud! :tipup: 8)

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Feb 24, 2009, 02:25 PM »
Hey all Y'all Rebels..............Th anks for the report from saturday & yesterday. Good info!
I'll be heading over there tomorrow to see if I can get the Glo-Jig back!

Be proud Rebels..........Be proud! :tipup: 8)
Why glow?! :laugh: They don't work! :laugh:

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #98 on: Feb 24, 2009, 08:58 PM »
Just got home...the bite was definitely on yesterday, not today. Only managed 1 slab 12.5", 2 perch 9", and (1) 9" gill.  slow,slow,slow. had a few bites but few and far between. Crazy, since the weather today was alot better than yesterday. Fished 430-730pm... 9" ice and a tight shoreline.

Gillaholic, when you go out, you'll see where i piled snow around my fish trap and two holes side by side. Also, check your PM

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Feb 25, 2009, 06:44 AM »
Just got home...the bite was definitely on yesterday, not today. Only managed 1 slab 12.5", 2 perch 9", and (1) 9" gill.  slow,slow,slow. had a few bites but few and far between. Crazy, since the weather today was alot better than yesterday. Fished 430-730pm... 9" ice and a tight shoreline.

Gillaholic, when you go out, you'll see where i piled snow around my fish trap and two holes side by side. Also, check your PM

Thanks Joel. I'll be out there in a little while.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Feb 25, 2009, 10:58 AM »
Good luck to you, Gillaholic.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 25, 2009, 11:52 AM »
Nuangola, Im thinking about hitting harveys up again saturday too. Keep in touch. maybe see you there. Rebel.

I'm heading to harveys on Saturday if the weather holds up. I won't be fishing in the rain or on soft slush. Hope to see you-all there.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #102 on: Feb 25, 2009, 01:20 PM »

I'm heading to harveys on Saturday if the weather holds up. I won't be fishing in the rain or on soft slush. Hope to see you-all there.
Nuangola, make sure when(if) you go to harvey's, to keep in mind about them cinderblocks that are sinking in the ice, Rebelfisher mentioned about the other day.

That is really dangerous. If these guys didn't feel like carrying them off the ice, they shouldn't of carried them out there in the first place. If nothing else, they should of drilled a hole next to one of their others, and sank them to the bottom of the lake. But then again, if they were too lazy to take them off the ice, they sure as h*** wouldn't have it in them to do that either! Be careful. Maybe I'll see you out there sat. with Rebelfisher and Ice Rebel.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #103 on: Feb 25, 2009, 02:12 PM »
Where the heck is Ice Rebel. Did he get hitched?! Did the wife put the ball and chain on him? He hasn't went fishin' the last couple weeks. I wonder if the wife turned the internet off on him too?! :laugh:

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Feb 25, 2009, 04:30 PM »
His computer crashed  :%$#!:

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Feb 25, 2009, 04:48 PM »
Nuangola, make sure when(if) you go to harvey's, to keep in mind about them cinderblocks that are sinking in the ice, Rebelfisher mentioned about the other day.

That is really dangerous. If these guys didn't feel like carrying them off the ice, they shouldn't of carried them out there in the first place. If nothing else, they should of drilled a hole next to one of their others, and sank them to the bottom of the lake. But then again, if they were too lazy to take them off the ice, they sure as h*** wouldn't have it in them to do that either! Be careful. Maybe I'll see you out there sat. with Rebelfisher and Ice Rebel.

I'll go out there Friday and check out the ice. Thanks for the info / warning.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Feb 25, 2009, 08:11 PM »

I'll go out there Friday and check out the ice. Thanks for the info / warning.
If you didn't see the prior post by Rebelfisher. He gave an approximation on where this was, just check out one of his previous posts on the rebel chat. Good Luck, when you go out, Nuangola.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #107 on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:27 PM »
I got that wrong Nuangola. Rebelfisher posted about the hazard with the cinderblocks on the reports and conditions page for Harvey's Lake. You can check it out there if you like. Sorry about the error.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Feb 25, 2009, 09:39 PM »
I got that wrong Nuangola. Rebelfisher posted about the hazard with the cinderblocks on the reports and conditions page for Harvey's Lake. You can check it out there if you like. Sorry about the error.

I saw the posts on the cinder blocks and can't believe that someone was so stupid and/or lazy not to remove them. Especially after the recent tragedy in Waverly.

thanks again

Nuangola

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #109 on: Feb 27, 2009, 08:20 PM »
We're going back to your spot tommorrow, Gilaholic. We're going to split up for a little while in the morning and try to find a good bite, and then hook up later in the morning once one of us finds a good area. If we don't see you out there tommorrow, we'll let you know how we made out.

SalmonRebel.

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Feb 28, 2009, 07:03 AM »
We're going back to your spot tommorrow, Gilaholic. We're going to split up for a little while in the morning and try to find a good bite, and then hook up later in the morning once one of us finds a good area. If we don't see you out there tommorrow, we'll let you know how we made out.

SalmonRebel.

Good luck! Hope the ice is still good. It was losing the surface fast when I was there tuesday. Let me know how you make out & how the ice is. Looks like we're going to get a few more cold nights so maybe it will be good for a while.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Feb 28, 2009, 02:31 PM »
Good luck! Hope the ice is still good. It was losing the surface fast when I was there tuesday. Let me know how you make out & how the ice is. Looks like we're going to get a few more cold nights so maybe it will be good for a while.
Started slow. But me and Rebelfisher ended up with a decent catch. Considering the cold front that came through, we did alright. Between the 2 of us, ended up with about 30 perch, a couple nice ones, the rest just keepers,  8 bluegills, and 2 really nice size catties. The ice was about 7 inches in most places, with only 2-4 good black ice, depending on where you were at. I had a decent bite early on, over the other shoreline where you first saw me. And Rebelfisher got into a decent bite in front of his uncle's dock. After my bite died, I met up with Rebelfisher during the last hour and hooked up on some as well. We'll probably be back out for a night or 2 this coming week. It's good to see the temps goin back down for a few days. We should at least have 1 more full week to get out there at least. Maybe 2, fingers crossed.

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Mar 01, 2009, 06:46 AM »
Started slow. But me and Rebelfisher ended up with a decent catch. Considering the cold front that came through, we did alright. Between the 2 of us, ended up with about 30 perch, a couple nice ones, the rest just keepers,  8 bluegills, and 2 really nice size catties. The ice was about 7 inches in most places, with only 2-4 good black ice, depending on where you were at. I had a decent bite early on, over the other shoreline where you first saw me. And Rebelfisher got into a decent bite in front of his uncle's dock. After my bite died, I met up with Rebelfisher during the last hour and hooked up on some as well. We'll probably be back out for a night or 2 this coming week. It's good to see the temps goin back down for a few days. We should at least have 1 more full week to get out there at least. Maybe 2, fingers crossed.

Thanks for the report Rebels. Sounds like you guys had a decent day. Hope you're right about the ice holding up, I'd like to get another day or two over there this week. Might see ya there.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Mar 01, 2009, 09:18 PM »
Thanks for the report Rebels. Sounds like you guys had a decent day. Hope you're right about the ice holding up, I'd like to get another day or two over there this week. Might see ya there.
Don't get me wrong. It wasn't nowhere near as good as it could be. We worked for them. But in the end. Ended up with a nice meal.

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #114 on: Mar 02, 2009, 07:17 AM »
Don't get me wrong. It wasn't nowhere near as good as it could be. We worked for them. But in the end. Ended up with a nice meal.

A nice meal is about what I ended up with last time out there. Can't complain too much about that.
I'll probably be there wednsday.

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Mar 02, 2009, 06:10 PM »
A nice meal is about what I ended up with last time out there. Can't complain too much about that.
I'll probably be there wednsday.
We might be there tommorrow evening. I think, Rebelfisher said he might of been going there tonite with his brother.

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Mar 02, 2009, 07:15 PM »
8 degrees and 30 mph gusts....nah im home on ICE SHANTY!!! Im computer fishin! :woot:  Even with the fish trap and mr buddy, ill wait till tommorrow night!

Offline salmonrebel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Mar 02, 2009, 07:20 PM »
8 degrees and 30 mph gusts....nah im home on ICE SHANTY!!! Im computer fishin! :woot:  Even with the fish trap and mr buddy, ill wait till tommorrow night!
It would of been a good night for SHANTY SAILING! though! :laugh:

Offline Gillaholic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Mar 03, 2009, 06:29 AM »

Good Move! ;)

Offline Rebelfisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #119 on: Mar 03, 2009, 09:47 PM »
just got home from the private lake...fished 430 to 8pm....TERRIBLE!!.... one calico (10.5") and 2 keeper perch....lake was in decent shape.. 7.5" of ice and building, but all snow is blown off...shoreline is locked up tight once more.  Gillaholic, fished in the same spot again, if you go out, you should see my snow walls.. :roflmao:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.